Looking for the 4th

madad666

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma emilia!! right size, easy care, better looking than a smithy in my personal opinion and very docile in general maybe even your mum would learn to love it with its girl name too!

Brizzl

Arachnosquire
Don't worry. You'll get to your point where you have the freedom to get as many as you want!
I can't wait!

B. auratum has actually been on my list for a very long time, like ever since I got into Ts, but I can't find any! They seem to be even more rare than G. pulchra slings.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the recommendations guys, it really does help more than you think. It really just reassures me that I'm looking in the right direction. Thanks again.

Brizzl

Arachnosquire
I think that OBT are a more highlight orange, don't get as big and are less reclusive than the king baboon.

JZC

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Speaking of which what is the difference between the two?
King Baboons are obligate burrowers, grow slow and become HUGE. They are a coffee brown color. OBT (orange bitey thing or orange baboon tarantula) are generally terrestrial, may burrow, grow quickly to medium size and are a bright orange color. The ginger of the tarantula world. Both tend to be very defensive.

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
What are your thoughts on an OBT or king baboon?
ings (Pelinobius muticus) are going to negate what you are looking for. They aren't a display T and they get big - up to 8"+. OBT (Pterinochilus murinus) stay in your size range and have a bit more of a chance at being a show T (though it may burrow just as much as it may stay above ground). Both are very defensive and quick to bite.

Brizzl

Arachnosquire
Turns out I'm getting an itty bitty B. auratum sling in the next week. Thanks guys!

845BigRed

Arachnosquire
Granted I'm older and don't rely on parents. My mom is plenty freaked out by them and always complains when she comes over. I added the sweetest B Smithi to my collection (I've yet to own a T so docile). I advise looking for the most docile one you can find, it will help smooth over getting other T's. Specially if you have parents who aren't fully on board with it, a nice sweet Brachy crawling up your arm showing your parents they aren't bad might grease the wheels to let you get more. That being said, get what you want, theres ton's of beautiful T's out there.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
advise looking for the most docile one you can find, it will help smooth over getting other T's. Specially if you have parents who aren't fully on board with it
Euathlus sp. "red" / "yellow" / "fire" ! 'nuff said! :D

Munch

Arachnosquire
A 10 year old boy at "sand boa morphs" last weekend was saying "OW Ts can kill you" and "It's illegal for kids to have them in Alabama" hmmmm?

CLICKBANGBANG

Arachnopeon
I found my Grammostola pulchra sling at Pet center usa and the Grammostola pulchripes can be found almost anywhere. I got my G. pulchripes from Jamie's.