Looking for a good scorpion breeder

Eon

Arachnopeon
I've decided to take the plunge into keeping scorpions but I'm having trouble locating good breeders. Anyone know a good one they would recommend?

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Several excellent ones right here on this forum.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Agreed, check the classifieds section and you should be able to find them pretty easily. I haven't bought from all of them, but @gromgrom and @Scorpionluva have always been my go-to guys for scorps. Lots of other people have popped up fairly recently and from what I've seen/heard they're all real stand up hobbyists too.

What species are you looking to get? Have you kept scorpions or other arthropods before?

Eon

Arachnopeon
Agreed, check the classifieds section and you should be able to find them pretty easily. I haven't bought from all of them, but @gromgrom and @Scorpionluva have always been my go-to guys for scorps. Lots of other people have popped up fairly recently and from what I've seen/heard they're all real stand up hobbyists too.

What species are you looking to get? Have you kept scorpions or other arthropods before?
Thanks for the advice, haven't kept arthropods before I mostly have reptiles. Really the only arthropods I can even say I've "kept" have been feeder insects. I'm interested in getting a P. imperator.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Thanks for the advice, haven't kept arthropods before I mostly have reptiles. Really the only arthropods I can even say I've "kept" have been feeder insects. I'm interested in getting a P. imperator.
Well, P. imperator is a good starter, though they're rather expensive and on the harder side to find nowadays. The cheaper version would be something in the genus Heterometrus. Same care, same size and color, though they have a bit of attitude to them.

Reptilesbyrick

Arachnopeon
I just had my F2 CBB P. imperator female have her babies last night! This is her second litter in two years. This is a very hardy species, but more difficult/expensive since the import ban. I will be selling these once they are established and feeding well. Let me know if interested. They will be young but easy to raise. Take care and good luck!

Attachments

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've decided to take the plunge into keeping scorpions but I'm having trouble locating good breeders. Anyone know a good one they would recommend?
Taking the Nestea plunge eh? Nice. Welcome to the highly addictive world of scorpions, by Christmas time you will 1,000,000 scorpions.

Last edited:

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I just had my F2 CBB P. imperator female have her babies last night! This is her second litter in two years. This is a very hardy species, but more difficult/expensive since the import ban. I will be selling these once they are established and feeding well. Let me know if interested. They will be young but easy to raise. Take care and good luck!
I would be interested!

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would post to the classifieds, but i havent the time this summer to keep up on my posts to be an active member. So if anyone wants stuff, its best to pm me.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
There are several excellent breeders right here on this Forum. You can also check Swift Inverts and Ken the Bug Guy.

Reptilesbyrick

Arachnopeon
I would be interested!
Hello

I am trying to inbox you but the forum says my inbox is full. It is not so I am not sure how to contact you. I will be selling these CBB true P. imperator in a few weeks after they molt and have taken several meals. Please let me know if interested and thank you!

Reptilesbyrick

Arachnopeon
At the 2-3i stage, probably $45 each. These are 2 generation CB true emperors that I have been working with for about 7 years all total.