Old Timer
Really nice scorpions and pics, Brian! Congratulations :clap: :worship:

Dom

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanx all :)
You too pandinus lol! {D
They are all eating and doing well. The liosoma is really quick. I am really becoming a fan of the Buthids.

NovaCaine

Arachnopeon
Brian S said:
They are all eating and doing well. The liosoma is really quick.
Yeah i know so keep ur hands out :}
But u already know hehehe.
Well i hope my female gets her babies quick i can't wait.
For How long does a scorp keep the babies in(sorry don't know the english word for it.)
greetings

Last edited:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
NovaCaine said:
Yeah i know so keep ur hands out :}
But u already know hehehe.
Well i hope my female gets her babies quick i can't wait.
For How long does a scorp keep the babies in(sorry don't know the english word for it.)
greetings
LOL!! {D Don't worry I wouldn't put my hand in there for nothing hehehe
Is "gravid" the word that you are thinking of?

NovaCaine

Arachnopeon
let me put it this way a woman is 9 months pregnant, and i need to know how long a scorp is. so if the word is gravid for that then thats it.
Confussing isnt it :p

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
NovaCaine said:
let me put it this way a woman is 9 months pregnant, and i need to know how long a scorp is. so if the word is gravid for that then thats it.
Confussing isnt it :p
LMAO>>>>>what kind of scorp are you talking about. Emps can be gravid as long as a "women"!

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The one in your first image, I believe, is an androctonus amourexi, not australis.

RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
LMAO>>>>>what kind of scorp are you talking about. Emps can be gravid as long as a "women"!
In fact it is often longer from what I have seen and studied.

Aidan

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Silver.x said:
The one in your first image, I believe, is an androctonus amourexi, not australis.

Aidan
It IS australis. It has the black on the tip of the metosoma. I got it from Botar

Silver.x

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Ah ok, all of my Australis have a much blacker telson and segment than that one. Cool scorp though, good luck with it.

Aidan

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Silver.x said:
Ah ok, all of my Australis have a much blacker telson and segment than that one. Cool scorp though, good luck with it.

Aidan
Hi Aidan. There are several different colour forms of A. australis. I have a female from Libya that looks exactly like the pictured here. I also have a male of unknown origin which is much darker and have a orangish coloration between the tergites. I suspect these to be different subspecies, but i'm waiting for Lourenco's new paper on this genus.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Silver.x said:

Aidan

Ye watch ur back aiden :evil: , were gonna get our bugs after you for doubting them!!! :D