Look what I got, I need your help guys

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You sure have your work cut out for you with all those babies. They look more developed than I expected.
I was very surprised at the size of them.....they are not moving as much as I thought they would is this normal??

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was very surprised at the size of them.....they are not moving as much as I thought they would is this normal??
That is very normal. They can only really flex their leg tips when they are at this stage. The next molt coming you will have semi mobile slings that will try and scale the sides some.

chex mix

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow what a great find. best of luck, they look like they are doing really well already!

Congrats

Kevmaster06

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i am sooooooo jealous!!! i am going to go there soon. very soon{D even if it is 2.5 hours away.

GartenSpinnen

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
HOLY CRAP! I was seriously thinking when he opened the sac he was going to find a bunch of bad eggs or something, then eggs with legs???! What a find!
-Nate

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi robc and everyone.

I have bred H. gigas before. They are very tolerant when they're young and will live together for many weeks (or months) if you give them enough food. I didn't get exactly at what stage your babies are, but, when they molt into spiderlings as Ryan said, I suggest you separate the ones you want to be sure that are going to be raised properly (eat well and everything) and arrange communal set ups. You can either put them in a cage with enough substrate so they can burrow and throw pieces of roaches or crickets (they will eat dead prey) or make little groups in different little cages. It's cool to see them eating from same preys :D
I had young H gigas living in the same cage of the mother for up to a year. First they eat together with their mom, and then they make their separated little burrow. It's amazing how ''semi-social'' they can be.
H. gigas is pretty fast growing tarantula and they get large too. My two adult females are not that large though. They are great mothers, after I bred them I must say I love them even more {D
Keep the substrate moist and a big waterdish at all times. With the spiderlings keep ALWAYS the substrate moist.

Hope this helps, if you have any Q just shoot.

Pato.

pato_chacoana

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Oh, I just saw your eggs with legs photos now! :p So you have to wait for them to become spiderligs :D

Pato.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats Rob hell of a find and save!

My first thought on what she was was blondi, but it doesn't look quite right. Plus I've never heard of a blondi sac with that many that small in it.

Could it be a nigicolor? Rob could you get a clear top down view of the full carapis?

What ever she is great job!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Congrats Rob hell of a find and save!

My first thought on what she was was blondi, but it doesn't look quite right. Plus I've never heard of a blondi sac with that many that small in it.

Could it be a nigicolor? Rob could you get a clear top down view of the full carapis?

What ever she is great job!
here are some better pics:

Dance

Arachnopeon
Hey. -waves- I'm a friend of Robc's. He's always borrowing my camera to take pictures of his spiders...or else goading me into taking them. xD

Anyway, I was checking up on his slings when I noticed that they'd molted!
Robc will probably have more to say about this later, but for now, here's a few pics I took:

^ uber-closeup.

arachyd

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awwww! Look at those precious prickly bums! Is there a reason they appear to be 2 different types or is that common?

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow what incredible luck, for you, the mother and for the slings. I wonder what would have happened if they'd hatched at the pet shop.

Good luck raising them.

Arachno_Shack

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome Robc!

I just read/replied to your thread on the ATS forums.
Good luck with those little beasties!;P ;P

Oh, put me on the list!;)

Tim

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Rob what was the cage labled as? Are there any stripes on her legs?

Could this be an T. apophysis?

You'll know in two molt molts of the babies if it is.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It looks exactly like my H. gigas. Nice find by the way. Good luck with um!

robc

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Rob what was the cage labled as? Are there any stripes on her legs?

Could this be an T. apophysis?

You'll know in two molt molts of the babies if it is.
It was labeled as a H.Giggas....the back legs and abdomen say baboon to me.....but you know more than I......rob