Look to my surprise!!!

BigBenBaby

Arachnopeon
I got a new tarantula on Wednesday(July 2nd) and to my surprise Saturday morning she molted!:clap: I don't know exactly what she is because the previous owner sold her as a Giant white knee(Acanthoscurria geniculata) but I think she may be a chaco golden Knee(Grammostola aureostriata). She was 7+ before the molt, really docile and very easy to handle.:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
congrats!

that might be a white-knee..... oh and btw, she might'a been docile because she was weak in the pre-molt..... :cool:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice surprise! I'll take a 7" chaco over a 7" genic any day. As a rough guess i'd say your is twice the age of a comperably sized genic and worth at least twice as much.

Beautiful T. Bravo!

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beautiful Chaco ! I have a 4.5 inch girl, I am looking forward to her getting to that size. She however, is a slow grower and has not molted in over a year.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Very nice, Chaco's are great spiders. I have a female who's about 5 inches. I hope she gets as big as yours. :eek:

SNAFU

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
G.Aureostriata. Kinda hard to miss the "golden Knees" on that one, even with my bad eyes. :rolleyes:
These are gorgeous T's, usually stay docile & max out at around 8"-usually.
My A.Genic on the other hand tries to bite anything that trespasses on her domain.

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
love da chacos

They keep the u hairs to themselves. Much appreciated. One of my favorite t's. Nice find. Tony

penny'smom

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Beaut of an aureo!! My girl is still on the smaller side at 3 inches, and she's made a burrow since her last molt, but I sure enjoy it when I do get to see her. :)