LOL Another Craiglist add

Rosey9596

Arachnopeon
a friend of a friend has G. Rosea he was just dumping 12 crickets to once a week. There were starved cricket bodies ALL over the cage. After forwarding a few websites thier way, the Rosie is now fed the right amount, and not bothered when fasting.... How can doing a little research hurt anyone?

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I especially loved the vine that was in the cage meant for arboreal reptiles.

-Cass

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is an obese tarantula. Poor thing, if I could I'd like to take it. :(

They don't even mention what they're asking in price.

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Poor tarantula. That cage is like a spidey-McDonalds. :(
Is it seriously that difficult to do some research BEFORE you buy a living creature? Really?

I haven't bought my first yet because I've been researching everything first and getting the home ready for it... none of that has been difficult to do either. :p

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some of my spiders eat a dozen crickets a week...sometimes all at once.
i don't see the big deal.

oh well to each his own

moose

Mistegirl

Arachnopeon
Rather than start up yet another craigslist thread I thought I'd post my find from today on this one:

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/pet/1428082329.html

Our pet tarantula had a bunch of babies. We need to find good homes for them. They will require a small tank, a heat lamp, and a diet of crickets as food.

They're free to good homes -- we're not charging money for them. However, to help ensure good homes, we'll require the adopters to bring along their tank and their heat lamp to show us they intend to be good pet owners.

Please email me if you have any questions. Thanks!
Poor little slings in tanks with heat lamps :(

LRB

Arachnopeon
I am surprised they poor things survived that long with them. Yes, poor slings!

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Found a good one.

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pet/1554815053.html

"a rose hair tarantula plus tank. It is a very nice spider, very young, I'd say he is about 5 months old. He eats crickets, and drinks water, sometimes with sugar. He is very easy to take care of only needs a couple crickets a week, and water when it runs out. I'd sell him for about $35 w/ the tank, with everything in it."

:? Sugar-water? Like a hummingbird?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know, Right?! Reminds me of this time I asked a guy I know if he'd ever heard of the double-slit experiment. He was all "huh?" and stuff! {D I was like "dang dude...you know...quantum physics?" :rolleyes: "You're dumb!"
Then, get this, he was like, "Maybe you could teach me?" ZOMG!!! I told him "Nah, I'd rather laugh an' point an' tell all my friends who know what I'm talking about how sthilly you look in your ignorance." :rolleyes:

Fun times, fun times.

Faing

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pet/1554815053.html

"a rose hair tarantula plus tank. It is a very nice spider, very young, I'd say he is about 5 months old. He eats crickets, and drinks water, sometimes with sugar. He is very easy to take care of only needs a couple crickets a week, and water when it runs out. I'd sell him for about $35 w/ the tank, with everything in it."

Clearly someone has never had a Grammostola sling. Oy vey

violentblossom

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just emailed her about the issues mentioned, as well as the pine chips in the enclosure.