Lobster Roaches or Dubia Roaches

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If there is any I haven't experienced it. I always keep dog food in with my roaches so they can get much needed protein without taking it from the other roaches. I wouldn't stop giving them protein though, as these roaches are omnivores in the wild, and they've been known to hunt down smaller insects to eat. Just keep protein available!
Great, that's easy enough then. I toss in a few pieces of cat food every couple days with big food once or twice a week, so hopefully that keeps them happy. Planning on redoing their setup a little bit too to give them more surface area and more places to hide so overcrowding won't become too big an issue.

Walter1

Arachnosquire
Lobster roaches are also the invasion of the body snatchers. They enter other roach cages and take over if opportunity presents itself.

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
Lobster roaches are also the invasion of the body snatchers. They enter other roach cages and take over if opportunity presents itself.
That's why you never let the opportunity to present itself. I don't see why climbing deters people, especially when it's easily stopped by Vaseline.

Walter1

Arachnosquire
That's why you never let the opportunity to present itself. I don't see why climbing deters people, especially when it's easily stopped by Vaseline.

Goofs are minimized for sure, but IF they get out, that's what happens.

BugladyZ

Arachnopeon
Just got some lobsters a couple weeks ago and good god they eat a lot! They're all bottomless pits lol. But that means cleanup is pretty minimal since they eat everything before it can mold. Can't wait for the females to start reproducing. Does anyone know if there is an issue with eating freshly molted individuals or any sort of wing/antenna nibbling or is that only if they're really hungry?
The only time there will ever be an issue with them eating babies or freshly molted individuals is if they are not getting enough food, or dont have enough protien in thier diet. If you are dilligent about feeding them reguarly and provide a source of protien reguarly (every 2-3days) then you should never have to worry about it, hope this helps and have a great day!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The only time there will ever be an issue with them eating babies or freshly molted individuals is if they are not getting enough food, or dont have enough protien in thier diet. If you are dilligent about feeding them reguarly and provide a source of protien reguarly (every 2-3days) then you should never have to worry about it, hope this helps and have a great day!
Thank you, that certainly does!