Little white worms

:wumpscut:

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Are you sure Final-sting that they are mosquitos? I've never seen these in any of the vivariums that i've built. i seen nemotodes, wood lice, spring tails and that's about it. sometimes i'll add microfauna to the vivariums too but no skeeters!

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the brachistosternus sp was a present from giorgio, and we see then so small white fat worms in the soil.

this was no springtails, the worms look more like this

and we see some very small flys /moskitos (i dont no what exactly the name of this flys) in the tank, obvious thats the worms from this flys.

giorgio first think its maybe nematodes, but this worms are maybe 2-3mm long and fat sure 1mm, when i look pictures from nematodes in the www looks different.

but i change the complete setting and the problem was quick eliminate

Prymal

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not nematodes. Not mosquitoes. Looks more like the larva of a dipteran of some sort, possibly some sort of phorid or sphaerocerid?

Luc

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i found them in my roaches water dish when i left it in there to long. then i found a dead roach that had been eaten by them just clean out ur cage qucikly so ur scorp dont get munched.

Juliancito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

roach dude said:
i found them in my roaches water dish when i left it in there to long. then i found a dead roach that had been eaten by them just clean out ur cage qucikly so ur scorp dont get munched.
A LIVE scorp getting munched by " them ".......:rolleyes: ....i really doubt it.
Maybe if it was some dead scorp....it could be possible....but besides that......:embarrassed: ...i dont think so.

roach dude

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
there small bodies and eggs could get into ur scorp through its weak spots and the larva will eat it alive..... ur scorp mate...just trust me clean out ur friggin cage.

Juliancito

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

roach dude said:
there small bodies and eggs could get into ur scorp through its weak spots and the larva will eat it alive..... ur scorp mate...just trust me clean out ur friggin cage.
Thats better.....i mean....it looks more reasonable the way you just explained....i do belive that some kind of egg/larva could go trought a scorp's "weak spot"....let's say it's mouth for example.And then that egg/larva could parasite your scorp.

stevenhman

Arachnopeon
If you're seeing flies then they're maggots. I've got them in most of my wet terrariums. Really the only to get rid of them all is to change ALL your humid species substrates.

I doubt they could/would "infect" your scorpion. If they have then it already is. If you're worried about it the best way is changing all your substrate.

Last edited: