Little nervous about getting bit by my OBT (when it gets bigger). Tips on avoiding this?

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
I used tongs. I wasn't harassing.

Does it make me not smart because I got bit? No. Unfortunately things happen.

Using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S.
Nothing personal. Crap happens. I just have a couple of questions for you though concerning your statement and the events that too place. Your statement "Jan 19/9am- Open up enclosure to remove an uneaten dead cricket, then my 3.5" female teleports out of the enclosure, up the tongs, around my right hand about 5 times and then sinks her lovely fangs right into the outer edge of my wrist."

Did you take the entire lid off and place it to the side? Where were the tongs when it climbed out of the enclosure? I'm not mocking you I promise. I just want to know where things went wrong and jot it down and avoid these things. Crap happens, I know. I just like to be prepared.

InvertFix

Arachnobaron
Nothing personal. Crap happens. I just have a couple of questions for you though concerning your statement and the events that too place. Your statement "Jan 19/9am- Open up enclosure to remove an uneaten dead cricket, then my 3.5" female teleports out of the enclosure, up the tongs, around my right hand about 5 times and then sinks her lovely fangs right into the outer edge of my wrist."

Did you take the entire lid off and place it to the side? Where were the tongs when it climbed out of the enclosure? I'm not mocking you I promise. I just want to know where things went wrong and jot it down and avoid these things. Crap happens, I know. I just like to be prepared.
I have a sliding lid that I slid partially open on one side. Maybe about four or five inches open, the OBT was on the other end of the enclosure.

I placed the tongs in the enclosure, grabbed the cricket and started pulling it out, the OBT ran from the unopened end of the enclosure and up the tongs and onto my hand then to my wrist.

I know you aren't mocking. And if you were I wouldn't really care, I know things happen even if others can't accept it. I've been keeping for a long time and this was my first bite.

Anonymity82

Arachnoprince
I have a sliding lid that I slid partially open on one side. Maybe about four or five inches open, the OBT was on the other end of the enclosure.

I placed the tongs in the enclosure, grabbed the cricket and started pulling it out, the OBT ran from the unopened end of the enclosure and up the tongs and onto my hand then to my wrist.

I know you aren't mocking. And if you were I wouldn't really care, I know things happen even if others can't accept it. I've been keeping for a long time and this was my first bite.

Thanks for the description!