Like my new Tarantula?

MiniRiki

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!!
, I just received a new Grammostola sp "Concepicon" here are some pictures:
France 133.jpg
beutiful isnt s/he?
she is a 3 inch Juvie and very docile!
she will be the first to my collection and I hope to get more, there are some vids of her on my you tube channel and the link is in my signature
also anybody got a good name for her, im still thinking :D
sorry about the bad quality I will be getting a better camera soon :)
thanks
MiniRiki

Demonjack123

Arachnopeon
She is beautiful! =) My first Rose hair was named Violet so many you could call her that :) I am working on getting an Avicularia. Congratulations!

deathkorps

Arachnosquire
very nice! i have 2 rosea's, a male and a female. i kinda lucked out when i got em, didnt know i had both until i got em home and in their tanks. be ready for entertaining wackiness, my male is a nutjob. he usually tries to stand tippy-toed when he eats, which is pretty funny. he also smacks my hand when i clean his water bowl, kinda berating me like i took to long to do it lol. the female just waits for me to change her water then she will sometimes try and flip her water container over.

MiniRiki

Arachnopeon
She is beautiful! =) My first Rose hair was named Violet so many you could call her that :) I am working on getting an Avicularia. Congratulations!
lol so far Violet is my favourite name :)
I would like to get an avic but only when I manage to keep this T alive,
:D

---------- Post added 08-16-2011 at 03:27 PM ----------

very nice! i have 2 rosea's, a male and a female. i kinda lucked out when i got em, didnt know i had both until i got em home and in their tanks. be ready for entertaining wackiness, my male is a nutjob. he usually tries to stand tippy-toed when he eats, which is pretty funny. he also smacks my hand when i clean his water bowl, kinda berating me like i took to long to do it lol. the female just waits for me to change her water then she will sometimes try and flip her water container over.
lol well keeping them sounds like a barrel of laughs :D Cant wait for it to feed because it doesnt seem hungry at the moment and getting a molt will be amazing!

Last edited:

deathkorps

Arachnosquire
neither of mine have molted yet so im pretty excited for that to happen too. my male is pretty funny about eating, he will sit in one corner of his tank to let me know that its time to feed him. at which point i drop his food in the opposite corner so hes gotta work for it, which he usually does. sometimes he'll be lazy and just wait for it to come to him.

MiniRiki

Arachnopeon
neither of mine have molted yet so im pretty excited for that to happen too. my male is pretty funny about eating, he will sit in one corner of his tank to let me know that its time to feed him. at which point i drop his food in the opposite corner so hes gotta work for it, which he usually does. sometimes he'll be lazy and just wait for it to come to him.
lol cool, that sounds good, thanks!

Demonjack123

Arachnopeon
I have no doubt your rosie will live lol, I would be more worried about when she decides to stop eating randomly!

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just to point out, like the OP stated, that isn't a rosea. :rolleyes:

My G. sp. concepcion is great. They are fun little spiders. Congratulations.

Pookie Bear

Arachnopeon
I just received a new Grammostola sp "Concepicon"
she will be the first to my collection
also anybody got a good name for her, im still thinking :D
Your first tarantula, it's a "Conception" (sic) and you need a name.... I'd go for Virginia :D

Drakk

Arachnosquire
Nice looking spider =)
Id prolly name it something like fluffy lol.
Or ooh miss fluffy bottom! lol jk still sweet spider!

MiniRiki

Arachnopeon
[/COLOR]
Nice looking spider =)
Id prolly name it something like fluffy lol.
Or ooh miss fluffy bottom! lol jk still sweet spider!
lol I may have called it fluffy but I have a Friend who has a B. bohmei called fluffy lol

---------- Post added 08-17-2011 at 09:40 AM ----------

What site? Doesn't matter how experienced, it's still wrong... But my post was more for Pookie Bear.

It's a locale....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concepción,_Chile
I heard that it was named after Concepcion but it wasn't exactly like it, that was the wiki for that place and not the Tarantula :)

Pookie Bear

Arachnopeon
What site? Doesn't matter how experienced, it's still wrong... But my post was more for Pookie Bear.
Just for the record, I used the word "Conception" on purpose, together with the fact it's his first, as a gentle play on words to suggest the name Virgin(ia), rather than me being unaware of the actual spelling or origin of the name :)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I heard that it was named after Concepcion but it wasn't exactly like it, that was the wiki for that place and not the Tarantula :)
Well label it what you want then. :rolleyes: Do a search for "concepcion" and you'll see that is the name more people use.

Just for the record, I used the word "Conception" on purpose, together with the fact it's his first, as a gentle play on words to suggest the name Virgin(ia), rather than me being unaware of the actual spelling or origin of the name :)
I gotcha :)