Arachnoknight
Old Timer
And I thought I'll never keep true spiders... ;P

Leucorchestris arenicola:

Sicarius terrosus:

melanie5

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Fabulous spiders! I used to have a Heteropoda venatoria. I love true spiders. Still looking for some new ones:p
Where did you get them?
Can you get nice species in Poland? If so, next time I go there, I'll have to find a few:p

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Both awesome specimens!
I cant wait to finally get a chance to play with Sicarius. How quick/noticeable is her reaction to light? ..to air movement?

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice! Be careful with the last one. There's a reason why it's last name is terrosus......{D I'd like to see these in person some day...in a well contained habitat. LOL!

Black Widow88

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, the first specimen is very impressive, can you tell us more about it?

phil.

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I like the first spider. Nice pics too!

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I like the first spider. Nice pics too!
I agree!

WOW! The first specimen is very impressive. Can you tell us more about it?
Yeah please do. It's very interesting indeed. Would like to know about both them so I can increase my growing knowledge of the insect and spider world.

Thankies! You will get a boingy! YAY! :D

Black Widow88

Maikardaaion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm glad You like the pictures :)

melanie5: I bought them from local "dealers", but there arn't many exotic true spiders in Poland, not at an daily basis for sure.

buthus: Very amusing species - especialy when digging :) They begin their activity at nightfall, during the day they stay burried underneath a thin layer of sand. I havn't observed any particular foto reaction. They surely react on the slightest air movement but only when active above the soil.

Improver: They were labeled like this by the importer. They came from Synai, Egipt. According to some information found on-line they can be L. arenicola.

bistrobob85: All I can say they are the desert species. I keep them in 20cmx15cm and 13cm high plastic boxes with the 6cm layer of dry sand. Once a day in the evening I spray the container with water. The temperature is constant 30*. I've got two females, both with eggsacs, usualy hiding in they trapdoor holes in the sand. They devour anything smaller than an adult cricket.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
very nice spiders and great macro shots here!thanks for sharing

ctsoth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Amazing specimens, you may find this of interest:

A U.S. patent (number 6,998,389) has been awarded for a means for using Sicariidae venom as a treatment for cancer.

Thank you for sharing.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Amazing specimens, you may find this of interest:

A U.S. patent (number 6,998,389) has been awarded for a means for using Sicariidae venom as a treatment for cancer.

Thank you for sharing.
WHAT?! :eek: You're joking right?! Please tell me that you're joking.......and if you aren't how successful is it and have there been any "accidents"?

Tell me now because I need to know.

Black Widow88

Sabatta

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They are both cool, but the first one is absolutely beautiful. I wish she was big enough to pet.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
buthus: Very amusing species - especialy when digging They begin their activity at nightfall, during the day they stay burried underneath a thin layer of sand. I havn't observed any particular foto reaction. They surely react on the slightest air movement but only when active above the soil.
Interesting ..thanks for the reply. :cool: Cant wait to play. Even pondering getting a couple this new year ...but at the very least, I know someone who should be receiving some soon. Hoping for a hot n'sexy photo shoot! :razz:

wh6fxe

Arachnopeon
Great pics and spiders too!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Take care,
Marcin

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Merry X-mas To every one on here and a Happy New Year!

Love you guys! And great photos! Keep them coming! ♥

Black Widow88