lets see your notes

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ive always had a hard time staying organized, but this time id like to be able to keep track of when my T's molt, feed, etc. How do you keep track?? Do you have them in a binder? I have a folder (Dale Earnhardt Jr. in fact :D), and im TRYING to keep them organized, but its not working, lol. Im always taking something out, and leaving it somewhere, and forgetting. Im lucky I found my dogs birth records just yesterday, or else I would have had to guess at their age and when they can be bred! lol.

Oh man, help me out. Take some pictures of your notes, so I can get an accurate view of what I need to do. I have a very good printer, I need to use it! :D

What do you keep track of, feeding, molting, breeding?
Or do you keep your records on your T's tanks?

~Crystal

TRowe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't have any pictures to offer, but I can tell you that I use a dry erase board that I've sectioned off. On it, I have each specimen, date acquired, approximate size @ acquisition, last recorded molt date, and total of molts while in my care. After keeping paper notes, dry erase seems like a big improvement.

Tim

aliasx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was going to keep records, but <EDIT> it.. . :evil:

Last edited by a moderator:

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have an Excel spread sheet on my PC at home. I just plug it in. You can email me if you want and I can send you a copy of it. You would just take my Ts out & plug your species in and make adjustments accordingly.

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
TRowe said:
I don't have any pictures to offer, but I can tell you that I use a dry erase board that I've sectioned off. On it, I have each specimen, date acquired, approximate size @ acquisition, last recorded molt date, and total of molts while in my care. After keeping paper notes, dry erase seems like a big improvement.

Tim
This sounds like a great idea if you don't have too many T's. I've got too many. I keep a record sheet for each with: date aquired, from who, initial observations, size, and molt dates/sizes. Also type, sex, breeding projects, and space for note keeping. Little buggers got all kinds of paperwork!.... The molting records are a good resource though. They make it very easy to stay on top of housing needs, and upcoming molts. Make yourself something in word, and put that printer to good use. :)

Bean

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
LyzardGirl said:
Oh man, help me out. Take some pictures of your notes, so I can get an accurate view of what I need to do.

Do you have corel? I have some charts ready to go that I use... PM me if you want a copy...

Washout

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I use excel too, but it's not enough for me. I'm going to end up making an access database here someday.

~AnimalQueen~ said:
im with you.......
Heh I worry about them too much. I want to know that they are getting ready to moult or whatever and there are not any other problems.

Last edited:

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have an Excel spread sheet on my PC at home. I just plug it in. You can email me if you want and I can send you a copy of it. You would just take my Ts out & plug your species in and make adjustments accordingly.

Would love a copy, can you email it? my email is lyzardgirl@yahoo.com

Xanzo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
as of now, I don't have any records, though I am starting to feel like I need to. I will keep a divided notebook.

MysticKigh

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No pictures here either.. but when things are really hectic I just leave a post-it note stuck to each 'cage' so that I can jot down any important info about the individual T... even if you don't get motivated enough to transer the info to the record book... you can always stick the post-its in the appropriate space on those lonely empty pages ;P

Taco Pope

Arachnopeon
I'd like a copy too please. My email is tacopope@cox.net

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Xanzo said:
as of now, I don't have any records, though I am starting to feel like I need to.
You don't. There is next to nothing the records tell you. I'm as anal retentive as they come, but the only thing I keep track of is where I got a T, when it was hatched (if CB), and its sex. Everything else is nothing but busywork.

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Code Monkey said:
You don't. There is next to nothing the records tell you. I'm as anal retentive as they come, but the only thing I keep track of is where I got a T, when it was hatched (if CB), and its sex. Everything else is nothing but busywork.
CM, you're exactly right........as usual.

The only thing I have found nice about keeping records is I like to see how much time increases between molts. I imagine this will pass with time but as I am still pretty new I think it's neat to watch my parahybanas & genic pass up all my gramms & brachys.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I keep fairly good records. But I don't keep up on them, so they aren't as accurate as they could be. And yes, it's just busywork, but I am a bit obsessive about some things. Wish I felt that way about cleaning the house {D

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
well im new to hobby and not sure how long this is going to last but i have 5 Ts and have a notebook with a calenders that have drawn and when they eat, molt etc im hoping to keep this up like most say its surely busy work but i like it

WayneT

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Gene said:
CM, you're exactly right........as usual.

The only thing I have found nice about keeping records is I like to see how much time increases between molts. I imagine this will pass with time but as I am still pretty new I think it's neat to watch my parahybanas & genic pass up all my gramms & brachys.
And that's why I keep them as well Gene.
CM's right, it's busywork for the anal retentive in us...but hey, I've always thought it was a neat thing to have in case I traded or sold one.
And no pics Crystal, but I keep everythin in a spiral notebook, and once every couple of months I type them up real nice in files on the puter.

I also keep detailed records of all my breeding efforts, just to have it on hand as well.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I use a Laboratory Type Notebook..

I keep track of feeding and behavior.. enclosure temps w/ respect to ambient temp.

I will be recording things such as burrowing and molting as well..

but I've just started..

Satanika

She Who Rules AKA Thread Killer
Staff member
Immortal_sin said:
I keep fairly good records. But I don't keep up on them, so they aren't as accurate as they could be. And yes, it's just busywork, but I am a bit obsessive about some things. Wish I felt that way about cleaning the house {D
Hey Holley,

Are you still using Scott's database? I know he posted it here on the site, but I just can not remember the name of the thread. :wall:

Debby