Leo Question (PLEASE READ)

chad

Arachnopeon
Is it normal if my female lepord geckos tail is truning like a pinkish red color even tho she is white??

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Are you using colored sand? When I use the reddish calcium sand their feet & tail turn reddish, other than that I don't know what else it could be. Good Luck

critterqueen

Arachnopeon
There is a article in the January 2006 issue of "Reptiles", that talks about leopard geckos turning red. They say it usually suggests that the lizard has a condition called "sepsis". It's not good... Looking at the picture they show it sort of looks like a Red Rash, Little red spots, almost like a rug burn or a reddish bruse. It is caused by a bacterial infection inside the lizards body. When the bacteria overwhelms the patient it becomes septic, which is lethal unless treated aggressively with appropriate antibiotics. Sepsis in not a disease, but rather a condition. It can be a result of any number of causes, but environmental or nutritional stress is unsually involved. That's all it says..
except.. if you suspect this condition, get your pet to the vet. ASAP.. I hope that this is not what your poor gecko has. But when I saw your post and I had just read this article, I had to respond. GoodLuck, Charon

8 leg wonder

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
That tail looks very swollen and red, It definitly looks like an infection of sorts

ColdBloodedOne

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
regenerated tail

How did your leo loose its tail in the first place? Regenerated tails always look different than the rest of the body.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree, it looks like a normal regenerated tail. Sometimes the tail will turn pinkish before a shed.

chad

Arachnopeon

ok so i have nothing to worrie about and thanks for the nice female comment:) and im not to sure how she lost her tail thats how it was when i got her..