Led lights

AIRGID

Arachnopeon
So got me a nice wee terrarium size 26.5cm x 52cm x 20cm (inch: 11x20x8 for the non metric peeps) and use mainly a heating mat to keep the temperature up. No scorp in there yet. Want to make sure the environment is properly set-up and capable of maintaining a stable temp before I introduce any critter to it.

Since the tank is standing away from windows I wanted to have a lamp with timer in order to mimic a more natural daylight cycle (outside the tank). Since UV lamps are a no-go, and extra heat is not needed (don't like heat lamps anyways) I was wondering if LED lights would work.

I have no idea whether they are harmful or not. But they would provide a chance for more natural colour schemes than a normal lamp.

Any tips and feedback are more than welcome.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hi,
The best way forward if no additional heating is required is a Compact Fluorescent lamp NATURAL DAYLIGHT or VISON only. They are only 15 - 25 watt ( NO HEAT ) They are the ones that look like a corkscrew and are non UV.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Most lights will cause scorpions a lot of stress. stick to ceramic bulbs or infrared