Leaving my emp alone for 3 weeks

MarioMHJV

Arachnopeon
This August I'll be going to Europe for 3 weeks. I've asked friends to take care of it but not everyone is so fond of arachnids of course. Will my emp be fine with 6 crickets? Will it be ok if the humidity drops once the water evaporates, etc. ?

SmileWiper

Arachnopeon
I think so, Mario. keep your temperature around 75 to 82° F raise your humidity from 75 to 80% to around 90 to 95 % i use peat gravel/ water on the gravel(too keep my humidity at the >>right spot with the certain amount of water<<, with a mixture of peat moss and potting soil on top of that... Pandinus imperator are a hardy scorpion, and you will be fine

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have several and there is one I have in a terr that I forget about for weeks at a time. As long as you have a container of water in there it should be OK, covering the top makes the biggest difference.

MarioMHJV

Arachnopeon
Ok cool. I assume it will be pretty hot and humid in my room since we're having a pretty warm summer. As for the water, I'll put in another waterdish and fill them both. I think with the top covered, it shouldn't evaporate too much. If the coco-fibre substrate I'm using dries out (it usually requires misting daily) - not sure if that will be a serious problem.

Roblicious

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just have your friend pour water in it can go months without food
humidity and source of water is more important

wesker12

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Misting the substrate is pointless, try pouring water directly onto the substrate (a corner of the enclosure preferably).

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When it comes to leaving an emp without any "care" for long periods I'd say a false bottom is the way to go. Daily misting? No thank you! My emp tank can easily go a month+ without the need for more water. It's a little more work to setup but once it's done it's golden. A decent lid/controlled airflow aids in this greatly.

TGirl828

Arachnopeon
Just make it a little muddy. They love it very damp & humid, and tape up a few of the holes in the terrarium lid. I'd let it gorge itself the night before I leave if I was you. It wont hurt to put on some extra weight before a 3 week fast.