Latteral threat poses from frozen T!!!!

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a sub adult male apophysis that litteraly froze (window left open all night by guest, sub zero temps, enclosure 3' away from that window...:( ) and, while still alive but pretty much still, developped a curious behavior : It makes sideways threat poses!!!

I mean, instead of rotating to face the intruder, whatever side is facing it rises with corresponding legs going up like a regular TP, even if the fangs are almost on the opposite side!!!

Anyone seen it before?

Endagr8

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Why would you open a window if it was so cold? :? :confused: :?

<edit> Sorry, I saw why. Darn guests! lol

I have seen my geniculata do the same thing.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a RCF G rosea that throws up weird defensive postures from the side rather than facing the intruder.

Like this?

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does that yeah.. I just wonder if anyone have had similar experiences because I wanna know if they were cases of recovery. I wish to breed this guy, ya know...

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My rosea does that instead of turning. She has always been healthy. If you persist with bothering her sometimes she will turn and sometimes not. I was trying to get her to go in her burrow once so I wouldnt get nailed while changing her water and I thought she was going to roll herself over twisting around.

Crounchaholic

Arachnopeon
I have a sub adult male apophysis that litteraly froze (window left open all night by guest, sub zero temps, enclosure 3' away from that window...:( ) and, while still alive but pretty much still, developped a curious behavior : It makes sideways threat poses!!!

I mean, instead of rotating to face the intruder, whatever side is facing it rises with corresponding legs going up like a regular TP, even if the fangs are almost on the opposite side!!!

Anyone seen it before?
Uhhhhhhh was that me??? :8o

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Since this came up...

My apo made a total recovery and chomped on a frog yesterday.

It's almost 8" but I am still uncertain of the sex, since the exuvium has been chomped off and it's a bit hard to flip it. I thought it was a male but it might be a girl... I will rehouse it tomorrow. We'll see!