Lasiodora surprise

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
As far as i know its a LP :)
Dave, please tell me why you think its a albo.

/Lelle
I thought the color looked off. Mine have all been black with reddish, pink hairs. Also the longer hairs (setae) look like they're more dishevelled then my LPs. Like I said it might be the pic itself.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Crotalus said:
If you read my initial post you understand why it was not adult after 4 years.
Also I gotta ask what good a picture would do? Can you tell by looking at it its been starved for 4 years in a bathroom? No. And what 'other' t would it be? My friend dont have other ts... A neighbors Lasiodora juv on the run? I dont think so.
Choose to take my word for the truth in this or choose not to. I really coudnt care less to be honest. Just dont call me a lier.

/Lelle
AH there is yet another possibility--it may turn out out that L. parhybana is in fact Native to Sweden, L. parhybana lelle {D

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm betting that temperature is the major factor explaining both why the spider is so small after four years AND how it managed to survive.

Cooler temperatures would mean than the spider is going to grow slowly, as metabolism is determined by temp. At lower temps, the spider wouldn't need to eat much to survive, so a silverfish here and there would be adequate.

Interesting to see how it develops. If we were to bet on it, I'd put my money on it reaching a typical size at the normal rate (from here foward). I'd bet differently if the spider were kept at high temps and starved.

This is based on the assumtion that the average Swedish houshold is kept at a lower temp than the average US home.

Wade

Greg Wolfe

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Lassie surprise...

It is awesome that this little fella survived in there for so long. I commend him for his steadfastness! :clap:
He should explode with growth now that he has some TLC. :)

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Which one is it?

One albopilosum and one is the parahybana...

/Lelle

Last edited:

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Grown a bit bigger
Here it is again, now a canadian resident:

Lasiodora parahybana

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that is very small i wonder what is wrong with it please keep us updated with it .

Arlius

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
How can you tell it's small? Its a photograph, with no size reference... :?

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
tacoma0680 said:
that is very small i wonder what is wrong with it please keep us updated with it .
Its eating well and molting without problem, right now its around 15 cm plus minus a few in legspan
Its nothing wrong with it. Read the thread and youll find out.

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He had his ultimate molt yesterday. I will measure him in a few days
But at the first glance he looks like a average sized male parahybana