larva in my tarantulas cages!!!! help!!!

SWINE FLU

Arachnopeon
me and my girlfriend were just feed our t's and noticed a tiny fly with red eyes hopping around. didnt think much of it. then i noticed tiny white larva squirming around. has this happened to anyone? all my t's are fairly new (got all of the in the past 3 months), so the tanks are clean. i live in south carolina in high humidity. i just want to know if this is dangerous to me, my t's and how to fix this problem!!!!! feedback will be much appriciated.
thanks

Leeway337

Arachnopeon
Sounds like the same flys I recently got from crickets I bought from a pet store. They seem to me like they only eat dead stuff and may be to help keep the cricket bins clean. If there is no dead stuff to eat they seem to go away or die. You may want to let your enclosures dry out. If you already live in a humid place you may have too much water in the enclosure. I live in a dryer area still often leave out misting/watering until at least the top half of substrate is totaly dry. Keeping it moist all the time can promote mildew, gnats and over humidified air. If you have larva squirming around it is probably way too wet. Periodicly let the enclosure dry all the way out or change the substrate and don't mist as much as before. Make sure to remove as much dead food parts and molts as possible. You may also want to keep enclosures that have these bugs away from the ones that don't have them yet incase it is a parasite that attacks live stuff.

SWINE FLU

Arachnopeon
couldnt get pictures but it is most likely from over misting. i didnt keep in mind that humidity is already so high!!!!!! i rehoused all my t's and they are doing fine!! thanks guys!

Necromion

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
honestly tiny fly with red eyes sounds like fruit flies but im probably worng as i need to see a pic of the flies

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
probably phorid flies larvae, do the flies jump around with jerky motion rather than fly? most likely you'd find the larvae in a clump around parts of uneaten prey. they feed on the dead stuff, nature's way of cleaning up.

like other poster said, keeping the substrate dry, and take out all uneaten prey items, including the bolus. also put a small deli cup with a few but not too many tiny holes around the center of the lid filled with apple cider vinegar, this will lure and trap them in.