Larger Types of Scorpions

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
Hello. I'm relatively new to keeping scorpions. I have a trio of P. imperator, and I was wondering if there are any other types of scorpions with similar builds to them? I'm familiar with the other Pandinus species and the Heterometrus genus, just wondering if there was any others that are similar.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I think that Diplocentrus whitei is similar to Pandinus and Heterometrus, but I'm not sure. I'm new to scorpions.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
Thanks! That does fit my likings. While I was looking up D. whitei, I found this:

What species is this? It really tickles my fancy. Is D. whitei available?

Edit: I like the Opistophthalmus too. Thanks for that link! are any of those available?

Last edited:

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
Hadogenes are cool, but I personally don't really like the flatness of them. I do kind of like H. troglodytes though.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't think Diplocentrus gets all that large even though it's in the same family as many larger species, but I could be wrong.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Hadrurus are very fun to keep, they make burrow systems and then patrol the enclosure at night looking for food, but always return by morning to their burrows.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
I also cast a vote for Hadrurus arizonensis. While not as massive as Pandinus spp. or Heterometrus spp. they are decently sized in their own right and their tunnel systems can be amazing.

Terrena Laxamentum

Arachnoknight
H. arizonensis gets a good size, but it's not "Tanky" enough for my taste. I like a thick, stocky body and large claws. The animal doesn't have to be big, just look big. Sorry if I'm being a pain, I do appreciate everyone's input. :)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
H. arizonensis gets a good size, but it's not "Tanky" enough for my taste. I like a thick, stocky body and large claws. The animal doesn't have to be big, just look big. Sorry if I'm being a pain, I do appreciate everyone's input.
Opistophthalmus