Large Centipede

krazycricket21

Arachnopeon
I am looking for a large centipede for a pet. I'm not really interested (right now) in breeding or anything, just for a pet. I have had millipedes for a while and want to try my hand at a centipede. Where do i start looking, what is a good starter? I really want one that grows to an impressive size.
:alien:

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
well a great place to start looking would be in the for sale section on here...and personally i dont think there is a good starter, because they will all pretty much bite you as fast as a rattlesnake....i personally have a S. subspinipes about 8", S. subspinipes Dehanni about 7", a ethmostigmus triginopodus sp. blue ring leg about 6", and 4 S. polymorpha ranging from 6" down to about 3 1/2-4"....might be interested in getting rid of a S. polymorpha or two....PM me if your interested...

TrentinG

Arachnopeon
There is no great starter species, But if you are looking for a large one, check out scolopendra heros, or if you feel comfortable a subspinipes, but beware of their horrible bite. :mask:

super-pede

Arachnobaron
the best beginner species in my opinion is the E.t(Ethmostigmus trigonopodus). these are usually calmer than most centipedes.easy to take care of as well.