L.Parahybana >?

Seinfeld-

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think for my second T i want an L.Parahybana, i will try to find a spiderling female, so id like to know anything and everything from people that have thems expeirience.

Things id like to kno:

How fast do they grow?
How active?
Exactly what makes them go to deffencive stance?
and so on...

THx

-Steve

Mikeymike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it will be hard for you to get a female sling because at that age its difficult to sex a tarantula. an l. parahybana grows very very fast, and will almost double in size with every molt.'

they are active feeders and like to stand out in the open which makes them great display pets. however, do not attempt to hold one as they are defensive and you are likely to be bit. they also readily kick hairs so watch out for that.

they get very big, up to 9" so be prepared for a monster.

Mikey

Gene

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mikeymike said:
however, do not attempt to hold one as they are defensive and you are likely to be bit. they also readily kick hairs so watch out for that.
Please correct me if I am wrong but I understand some parahybanas can be quite docile. Even handleable at times.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
WHy not just do a search in this forum about the species that way ten thousand peoples advice that they have given ten thousand previous people who wanted the same spider dont have to repeat themselves.