L.parahybana Question

matty J

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know I read somewhere on here that these guys borrow alot when their slings. Well mine is 2.5 in and is still borrowing. Should I expect this for a little longer?????

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, that depends, what exactly is it borrowing from you? Hopefully once it gets a little bigger it can get a job and support itself. ;)

Mine burrowed until about 2", but that's only because I moved it to where there was a little less substrate. It should probably start becoming more visible over the next few molts.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
mine was 4" when I rehoused it and it burrowed...it just molted Sunday and is pushing 5" or so, still hiding in it's burrow. However, before the molt it would often sit out in plain view in front of it's burrow (not half in, all the way out)...so I'd say you have two molts til it hits 4", so three months or so. But really, once mine hit 3" it stopped hiding very much.

ColdBloodedOne

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
burrowing

I'm new to this but my 2" one does not burrow. It is a little feisty though. The only "comfort zone" for it is the smaller cup it came out of. It is in plain view turned up on it's side though.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think it also probably just depends on the T and the set-up. My 3/4-1" sling has never burrowed in the couple months that I've had it, despite having about an inch of substrate in its enclosure.

Karen

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine is around 1cm in size. it didnt burrow at all. i always see it. :)

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
same here my sling is under 1" and no burrowing at all. always running around like crazy.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer

mine was about a centimeter and made a burrow. i placed a cut up piece of superworm in there for it...and i guess because of low circulation(only some pinholes in the lid) mold began to grow fairly quickly. the substrate wasnt moist. so i removed the t and removed the sub and washed the vial and put in fresh sub and put the t back in. it molted a few days later on the 17th( i guess thats why it didnt eat the worm chunk) and now is about 2 cm or so and hasn't burrowed since i replaced the substrate. however, it took at least a week or two for it to build the initial burrow.

solaceofwinter

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mine never really built a burrow either, have a small bottle cap bor it to hide in though, uses it sometimes.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Mine too

For a few days mine made a shallow depression on one side of
it's deli cup. Now it always hangs around the center and when I
pick it up it runs around like a chicken with no head.

wolfpak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
mexican8s said:
For a few days mine made a shallow depression on one side of
it's deli cup. Now it always hangs around the center and when I
pick it up it runs around like a chicken with no head.
mine does the same thing. {D {D {D {D {D

prodgers69

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have two 7"+ (1xM and 1xF), both have 6-7" of substrate and a hide, but neither of them have ever burrowed or used the hides, and are always sitting out in the open.

matty J

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well mine loves to borrow. Always hidin but I'm sure it will gorw out of it. I hope anyway