L. Para hasnt eaten since molting

Gath

Arachnopeon
Like the title says, it hasnt eaten since molting. Its a sling at about a 1/2 inch currently in a plastic gerber foods container thats about an 1.5''x2''. I know it can take a bit for the sling to be ready to eat again, buts its been nearly a month and its rump is getting pretty small/shriveled, and im getting quite worried. I have it on the same diet as i did prior to it molting (pinhead crickets I freeze and thaw out for meals, thanks for the idea Mushroom Spore). I mist lightly one corner, once a week. If anyone has any ideas let me know thanks

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just keep offering food every few days.
You never know there could be some internal issue that you don't see from the last molt and it can't eat, but at that size there would be nothing you could do. Not every sling is going to make it, but it sounds like you are doing everything you can to give it a good chance. Good luck.

eL Tre

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is what pisses me off. I walk into the local petstore today and couldnt remeber what wood i needed for a moist enclosure. Grabbed some grape vine and asked the lady if it would stay mold free... she says yes it does very well... WTF. the crudgeon.

But ya, so there is no way to coat the base of the wood so that it doesnt come into contact with the substrate?

Gath

Arachnopeon
thanks for the advice, i have a b. dubia colony on the way, ill try then (petco doesnt have any small crickets this week >.>)

ThistleWind

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
flightless fruit flies from petco could work too. they'd walk right into him.