L. malayanus

sygdom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have had one of these for about 2 months now and it still hasn't made its burrow with trap. It just sits in the corners. Any other owners out there that can offer me some advice, like how you have your terrariums set up and other info.

Last edited:

Erigo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My L. malayanus didn't make the burrow because it was in pre-moult.

However you could raise the humidity.

sygdom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
How exactly does one raise the humidity, I spray in there 3 times a day and cover with a shirt so it should be pretty moist.

Erigo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Before to put the peat in terrarium, you must to handle mixing it. In this way peat will still wet for more days (the surface of your peat seem dry). Thus, you must to wet the peat; the heat will evaporate the water, increase the humidity.

Last edited:

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
the best thing to do for L. malayanus is to take it off of whatever substrate you are using and use a mixture of 50/50 clay and sand. slope the substrate like a clay bank. take a stick or something and jam it into the substrate at an angle back into the clay bank, not directly down. then put some moss or small dead leaves loosly covering the bottom of the aquarium. as soon as that spider finds the burrow, i guarrantee it will have a nice trapdoor in a couple few days and will start digging as well. the key here is the soil. make sure you get a clay based soil. dont believe me??? just check out my communal liphistius setup pics. i have plenty of pics on here.

sygdom

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What kind of clay and sand, like can I get it at a pet store.