King Baboon Sexing?

brandi71183

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was wondering if a 2" King Baboon can be sexed? Or is that still to young. He or she is at least 2", maybe a little bigger.

Thanks

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
yes, you could probably sex it via EF sexing, or def by sperma sexing

brandi71183

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Could you please let me know how to do both? Not familiar with the terms. I have never done any sexing before.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
personally I don't have lots of experience with epigastric furrow sexing.

I prefer exuviums.

the "Flap" generally refers to the uterus externus, you can only see this when looking at an exuvium.

Looking at the botom of a spider you might see a "bump" or a bulged ridge, this is taken as evidence of the opening to the uterus externus and spermathecae = female.

does that help?

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What is it that you are seeing that makes you think that the first spider looks male?

Personally, I believe that both of the photos show spiders which are slightly too small to have their sex identified ventrally. Neither spider exhibits the obvious signs of a male.

If I had to guess, though (mind you - GUESS), I would say that the first T is female and the second one is male. Why? The space between the book lungs is very wide and trapezoidal on the first T, and on the second, it is narrow, long and rectangular.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To me, that first one looks very female. I daresay the second one does as well...

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To me, that first one looks very female. I daresay the second one does as well...
I don't disagree at all. The second one doesn't have anything to indicate male...I was just going off of shape, which isn't reliable at all. The first one, though, doesn't appear male at all.

Smitty78

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I believe they both look female. I see NOTHING that leads me to believe either one of them are males. I just looked at my 3" specimens. Two of them look exactly the way yours do which leads me to believe they are female. The third one has a definitive triangle/hourglass figure above the furrow which leads me to believe it's male.