King babbon still molting?

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey guys been a while since i been here but just got done having a kid and bought a house all in the same week, anyway my king baboon has got the carapace and legs and stuff out but the skin from the abdomen is still stuck to her, this has been like 1 whole day of molting and going into 2 counting today. The book lungs look to be out and spineretts are out but jut the middle is left.

my problem is this she's old so i assume this would take awhile but how long should i let her sit, also this thing hisses and damn near jumps out of the cage if i so much even get near her.

any help would be great
thanks

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
If it's on its legs and moving, then the molt is complete, it's just the the old skin got stuck on the new in a piece, possibly due to not sufficient humidity. You can try taking it off but I'd just wait - it will probably come off on its own eventually as the T is moving around and about. I recently had a sling who had a terrible molt (in a moving car) and the same thing happendd. It kept running in the enclosure after that dragging his whole old skin behind him. It looked quite funny actually. But within a few days the old skin came off then just a little piece of abdomen skin remained, and eventually that came off too.

worm

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks, she's got her skin all off and like you said it was just a little time thing, now all i got to do is get the old skin out of there, she's webed it all up. Im going to put a cup over her so i dont stress her out too bad wile im pulling the floor out from underneith her.

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow, she molted out in the open? I would love to see mine that much. Right now she blocked up the door to the hide, so I assume she's molting. I worry about it though, she seems to come out every 4 months, eat 2 or 3 roaches, and disappear again. She always looks skinny when I see her, and once she eats, I don't see her again....