Keeping Sc.Mutilans happy

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehey, i just received a group of great looking Sc.Mutilans ''Red Legs'' and they are about 3-4'' each and i'm wondering how should i do to keep them all well fed... I guess leaving live crickets in all the time would end up stressing them more than anything else and pinkies would end up being very messy and smelly... I dont have access to roaches so what would be the best sollution to keep them well fed and to prevent canibalism? Right now i just have a little bowl with prekilled crickets in... Any suggestions, anyone?

phil.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
bistrobob85 said:
Hehey, i just received a group of great looking Sc.Mutilans ''Red Legs'' and they are about 3-4'' each and i'm wondering how should i do to keep them all well fed... I guess leaving live crickets in all the time would end up stressing them more than anything else and pinkies would end up being very messy and smelly... I dont have access to roaches so what would be the best sollution to keep them well fed and to prevent canibalism? Right now i just have a little bowl with prekilled crickets in... Any suggestions, anyone?

phil.
keep them cool. 70*F my brain hurts too much to do C conversion now

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They'll be under 75F pretty much all the time, i dont think i can reach 70F though. Is it just to slow down their metabolic rate so they dont get hungry too fast or do they just get agressive because its unhealthy to stay warmer?

phil.

Twilight

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think you should keep the temperature around 70f-75f and not worry too much about keeping them fat all the time. I also hear that siblings tend to eat each other less often then if they were completely strangers. Lol don't you wish you researched more before you got them lol.

Don't take my info too seriously as I'm not very experienced in this area, its just a few things that I could think of, I also hear that even though they are communal....there's no sure way to actually make it 100% sure they won't eat each other. So....its a risk thats always out there. I would love to do something like that one day...keep a bunch of pedes together. Gl...I'm sure someone else will help u out...or you can try searching for it here.

angus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i guss u can got a better size tank, with more hidden place..a big water dish and feed them well..i generally feed roaches as food..as the surplus feeder remain in the tank will doing fine...i keep 10~15 pcs in a group...hope this can help.:) :)