Katy's pics!

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Updates!

P. audax chowing down on a cricket...he turned into a mature male a few days ago.

C. hentzi caught in Tampa, FL

S. rubronitens adult female

Pamphobeteus sp. "Platyomma", the biggest T in my collection! :) Her molt had a 7.5" legspan - I'm sure she's 8" now. She's a beast and so pretty.

Pamphobeteus sp. "South Ecuador" sub-adult female

A. behlei 1.5" female - just sexed from this most recent molt.

Freshly molted B. albopilosum female

A. brockelhursti female

The newest T in my collection, a big female N. chromatus

B. klaasi freshly molted 2" male

B. auratum 1.5" female

Freshly molted A. geniculata female

C. hentzi scorpions found in Brooksville, FL recently

Field wolf spider (Hogna lenta - I think) - found in Brooksville, FL

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh, forgot one...this is a 2" female P. nigricolor...molted today, determined sex with this molt. Yay. :)

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Female G. alticeps...molted okay, but something's not right. She's still pretty, though...

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So glad I subscribe to this thread! :)

All very fascinating! Katy, how small can they be when you're able to sex them? Your A. behlei made me wonder--mine looks like that color-wise but is still only ~ 1/2" long--(and I've had him/her for 10 months! :D).

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You do have some awesome t's. I love that Klassi. Cant wait to get one of those in my collection.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Diane! The smallest I have been able to sex was a 3/4" A. bicoloratum. I've tried with smaller molts, but man, it's pretty impossible, at least with my microscope (I have a dissecting scope). Sometimes I just can't do it that small, but I try on all of them. Most of the time, the boys are the ones that I couldn't determine at a small size. My versicolors are all approaching 2" now, and I can't determine anything on them yet. The avics are harder for me.

My behlei has molted only once in the near-year that I have had it...and that was about a week ago. lol

Thanks for subscribing to my thread!

So glad I subscribe to this thread! :)

All very fascinating! Katy, how small can they be when you're able to sex them? Your A. behlei made me wonder--mine looks like that color-wise but is still only ~ 1/2" long--(and I've had him/her for 10 months! :D).

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You do have some awesome t's. I love that Klassi. Cant wait to get one of those in my collection.
Yeah, I love the klaasis. :) I have a female, too, but she needs to molt and isn't as pretty as the male right now.

c'est ma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Diane! The smallest I have been able to sex was a 3/4" A. bicoloratum. I've tried with smaller molts, but man, it's pretty impossible, at least with my microscope (I have a dissecting scope). Sometimes I just can't do it that small, but I try on all of them. Most of the time, the boys are the ones that I couldn't determine at a small size. My versicolors are all approaching 2" now, and I can't determine anything on them yet. The avics are harder for me.

My behlei has molted only once in the near-year that I have had it...and that was about a week ago. lol

Thanks for subscribing to my thread!
Thanks, Katy! That was very helpful, especially the part you threw in about the avics! After being successful with a B. emilia, an L. parahybana, & an A. chacoana, I was totally defeated by my versi sling...But--I have kind of a sinking feeling that seeing essentially nothing might = boy. I'll keep trying, tho. I, too, have a dissecting scope and absolutely love sexing slings. (And looking at all the other cool structures at the same time!)

I look forward to following your behlei, and comparing it to mine...

Oh, I discovered your thread some time back, and signing on was a no-brainer. :D

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
First up, I had a sad loss earlier this week: somehow my A. hentzi female ruptured her abdomen. Not sure how she could have, she was housed in a gallon jar 3/4 full of dirt, but somehow she did. :( Thankfully, I live near xhexdx (Joe) and he taught me how to cast her in resin. It was my first try, so it's not spectacular, but it worked.

This is so cute. She was diving after a cricket. :)

B. auratum sling ate her first adult cricket today.

OBT sling that Rob (gecko_keeper) gave me...he says it's vicious. ;)

This is a P. imperator scorpling.

C. hentzi scorps all grouped together on a piece of bark:

Another hentzi:

Freshly molted female B. smithi

The little house spider that lives with her in her enclosure. :)

"Winfrey" the E. pulcherrimaklaasi female

A. geniculata, just molted this week:

A. brockelhursti female

A. seemanni female who looks like crap and needs to molt. BADLY.

Immature male E. pulcherrimaklaasi "Green"

Female Aphonopelma sp. collected near Carlsbad, NM (Sold as Carlsbad Green, but not 100% sure)

S. rubronitens female

N. coloratovillosus female

Mature male C. fasciatum: matured this week.

One of my E. campestratus females

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You definitely have a few species in your collection that I would like to get.

Great pics. :)

--Joe

Miss Bianca

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This last set is really goodddddd !!

Love'em, love your diverse collection...

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Certainly a wonderful collection of Ts you've got there, my fav is the one diving after the cricket :)

Has the T not gone after that house spider at all? Or is happy to co-habit?

Great drawing too!

JC50

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Katy
Nice collection of T`s,and you definitely posses artistic talent which shows in your work.