Just picked up a P. murinus sling, any tips?

Technicolor

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

I just picked up a P. murinus baby from my pet shop, and she is my first little youngling. She's around maybe 1.5" long, and I've had her for about 2 days.

I just fed her a small cricket, and she gobbled it up pretty quickly. I'm most likely going to feed her every 3-4 days.

My only questions are really about the enclosure. I have her in a large critter tote, which seems a bit too big for her, but I don't have another terrarium at the moment - and she seems to like this one anyway. I placed some tall logs of wood in there for her to climb up on, and she's already webbed all over them. Also, I tossed in a few pseudo plants for looks. I put a little sauce cup in her enclosure for her to hide in, as well as a soda cap for water, but she hasn't paid too much attention to them - instead, she has webbed up a far corner on the lid.

Does this sound like a decent setup? What else can/should I add to make it more exceptional? Also, what are some general tips for caring for a sling? 1920760_708662515822783_849808509_o.jpg

winwin

Arachnoknight
Most important tip, don't get bit. :)

Also, you don't have to worry about anything with an OBT, they're like tanks except tankier. You could place them in glass shard substrate and they will survive. Just keep the enclosure not too wet and you're good to go. :)

Livia

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

I just picked up a P. murinus baby from my pet shop, and she is my first little youngling. She's around maybe 1.5" long, and I've had her for about 2 days.

I just fed her a small cricket, and she gobbled it up pretty quickly. I'm most likely going to feed her every 3-4 days.

My only questions are really about the enclosure. I have her in a large critter tote, which seems a bit too big for her, but I don't have another terrarium at the moment - and she seems to like this one anyway. I placed some tall logs of wood in there for her to climb up on, and she's already webbed all over them. Also, I tossed in a few pseudo plants for looks. I put a little sauce cup in her enclosure for her to hide in, as well as a soda cap for water, but she hasn't paid too much attention to them - instead, she has webbed up a far corner on the lid.

Does this sound like a decent setup? What else can/should I add to make it more exceptional? Also, what are some general tips for caring for a sling? View attachment 124309
Very hardy species just remember not to mostien the substrate to much.

Last edited:

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince
My advice is get it out of thekritter keeper and into a deli cup til it hits 3". The only escape I ever had was a H gigas which was a shade over 2" getting out of a "secure" KK. Many people use them without issue , and that's great. However, I don't trust them with small spiders whatsoever,especially OW slings.