just a few questions :P

SpiderMum

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, and technically to the hobby haha its something I've wanted to do for a looooong time, and I have done all my research so im not gonna ask how to look after this spider I just bought lol (seems to be alot of that :/)

but i have just bought some l.parahybana babies (1cm) and also some A. geniculata, both i know are fast growing species, all the spiderlings are in the 1-2 cm range but i was just wondering if people who have raised these spiders could tell me how offen they moult, is it more often than other slings of there size(i have 2 2" b.klassi's :))

or just any tips :) or just even a friendly hi ho :p

thaaaaanks :D

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They will certainly molt faster than the B. klassi, assuming all are kept in the same temp/humidity range.

Generally speaking, L. parahybana are a faster-growing species. The warmer you keep them and the more you feed, the more often they will molt.

SpiderMum

Arachnopeon
i have read that the white knee are a verociose fast grower too, would you not agree or are they just not as fast5 as the lp?

i keep them at 22-26cis this ok, i have a heater and in the day its around 23-25, but the slings are in tiny pots closer to the heater than the temp gauge, and my lp's are feisty

and the humidity abit higher for the lp's

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I got two LP sac mates at 0.25" on May 1, 2010. One has molted 9 times, the other 10 times. They started out molting about every 3 weeks. As they grew the time between molts increased. Now, at 5+ inches they are molting every 2 - 4 months.

I got my A. genic in early February this year @ 0.25". It's been molting every 4 - 5 weeks and isn't quite 1.0" yet. It may be growing slightly more rapidly than my B. verdezi that I got at the same time.

The warmer you keep them and the more you feed, the more often they will molt.
+1

All my Ts are kept at room temp (68 - 76 F) once they hit ~1 inch. Tiny babies are kept in an 'incubator'. I feed slings once a week, juvies every 2 weeks, once they are past 4 inches they get fed once a month. I'm not in a big hurry for them to mature. :)

SpiderMum

Arachnopeon
neither am i, i thing there soo cute, the A. genic's are becoming my fave, the way they'l jump on anything i give em an wrestle it to the ground :)

room temp is sligtly colder in the uk lol but i keep all the tiny pots with slings in inside another glass tank with a strip heater stuck to the back

also have a b.smithi(1") who hasnt eaten for a week and has completly blocked her burrow within the last few days, but i can still see her a little as she has burrowed next to the side of her pot, but she's looking as she's gonna moult any time soon (i say 'she' in a very optomistic way :p) soooooo excited :)

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

lolfail...