Jungle Carpet Python

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got a new snake friend :clap:
She was hatched out May 29th of this year and is already exhibiting alot of yellow, but with baby Morelia spilota cheynei it is hard to predict from hatchling coloration anything along the lines of adult coloration, it's best to see the parents.
She is from the Barker Bloodline (VPI) so I have nothing but confidence in the fact that she will be a brilliant adult.
One of her lineage graces the cover of Pythons Of The World, and I used to own a female that was first generation offspring of that male.
Someone broke into my apartment a few years back and stole her, so this female (whom I've yet to name as I need to get to know her personality) is not a replacement but meant to fill the void created by my original girl.
And now I have a great model for that part of my left arm piece.

Anyway, here she is:

Last edited:

WhyTeDraGon

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
OOOOh, she is absolutely gorgeous Eric, congrats! And sorry to hear about your other one,...some people need to be shot!

Congrats again!!

~Crystal

monkeyman13

Arachnopeon
beautiful, reminds me of how i wish i had a digital camera so that i could share my little friends

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Beautiful Eric! I've got a yearling cheynei of unknown lineage that I just love! There's certainly nothing better than Morelia, that's for sure!
Now if I just just get my hands on some Morelia bredli or Morelia boeleni I'd be ecstatic.

Yve

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so you finally got your dream snake eh?...she's beautiful Eric.

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, Thanks everyone!

I will be sure to update with pics as she grows into the badass she is sure to become.

I have found that working with tarantulas 50+ hours a week, I need an alternate form of stimulation at home.....but I enjoy keeping animals, so....
I am slowly getting back into herps, and plan on getting a few more snakes down the road.

Even with the occasional bite (not that I mind being bitten), I am very fond of those that slither. ;)

Last edited:

eksong

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
wow nice photos. wish i could keep something as big.

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Marla's new snakers!

My favorite girl (sans legs) had quite an eventful week. She consumed her first rat last week, having grown to big to be sated by a few mice.....and then this morning she shed. I can't believe how her yellow is getting brighter as she grows older.

Oh Marla, you smokin' hottie.

A comparative baby pic:

nightbreed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:eek: OMG she is stunning, you are very lucky and I am very very jealous :D

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Lelle, she didn't have a name as of that posting (10.14.04), but she does now.
And it fits her to a T.
Thank you for the compliment, I'll pass it along.
You too Nightbreed.

*Lelle, I think your meaning slipped past me. I assumed you were refering to the fact that she did not have a name, and now she does. I see now you meant it as a question about waiting to give her a name until her personality revealed itself. No, I am not kidding. I wait to see characteristics exhibit themselves, and I name appropriately.

I don't know, I'm weird.

Last edited:

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, thanks Leanne, I am going to have to mover her into something a bit larger with the rate she is growing at.
Chris, she is approximately 3.5 feet long, 3-4 inches in diameter at the mid-section.
Thanks Nick.

Schlyne

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is goregous. I don't know all of your tattoo, did you get the left arm piece done?

Zombie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
All of the outline work, pattern and scales, which took a total of 12 hours so far, is finished. Starts at my wrist and ends at my bicep. The artist doing the work is 9 hours away, but hopefully it will be finished up in November. I will post pix in the tattoo thread once it is completed.
Marla thanks you for the compliment.