1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jumping Spider id and gravid or not?

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by mctigerr, May 27, 2018.

1. mctigerr

mctigerr Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I found this jumper outside about a 2weeks ago. I feel like it’s female but I don’t know if it’s about to molt or is an adult and gravid. I’m pretty sure she’s p. Audax but I could be wrong. Please help

Attached Files:

2. ArachnidBoi

ArachnidBoi Arachnopeon

That looks like a VERY gravid P. audax.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I agree with both of you on P.Audax. And it looks like it may be gravid, how large is she? I've had wild caught penultimate females look gravid, only for them to molt once more. In addition, is there a decent height difference between the cephalothorax and abdomen? I've found that to be an indicator when my female was gravid.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mctigerr

mctigerr Arachnopeon

She’s about as long as a penny and is fairly wide. Her abdomen definitely is larger than her cephalothorax but hieght wise I can’t get a good look at her to tell for sure. She doesn’t come out of her best very often and it’s heavily webbed but I can’t see an egg sac

5. mctigerr

mctigerr Arachnopeon

So here’s a side pic of her. Sadly I had to mess up her home to get it

Attached Files:

6. From that picture, I feel I can safely say she's gravid. So, congrats on spider babies soon

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smokehound714

Smokehound714 Arachnoking Active Member

Socal
    generally an orange spot denotes a juv