Jumping spider help

Mairo

Arachnopeon
Found this tiny guy in my bathtub today, her abdomen seems to be really large i cant tell if she just ate something or if she has eggs. I just used a cricket box as temporary container
20210606_215431.jpg

Id like to release her when it stops raining wich will be in a few days.
Should i put anything in the box in the meanwhile?

20210606_215513.jpg

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
I know you're not keeping her for a long period but I would say put her in a slightly taller box if you can and put some fake leaves/cork near the top so she has somewhere to hide and feel safe.
She will go to an upper corner anyways and build a hammock in a day or two.

You don't need substrate - especially if it's just for a few days.

Dawid212

Arachnopeon
you could add a moist paper towel or a layer of soil to the bottom to keep the humidity. She also needs a place to hide and walk on so add in a few sticks, wood and leaves, but really any object can serve as a hide, as long as it won't be toxic/harmful to her.

Mairo

Arachnopeon
Ok i set up some humidified soil some leaves and sticks, gonna check on her tomorrow.
Still would like to know if you guys think she has eggs or not Screenshot_20210606-232704_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210606-232642_Gallery.jpg

Ive seen this species around for a while and their abdomen is usually same size as the cephalothorax

Mairo

Arachnopeon
maybe it'll lay some eggs in your enclosure.
If thats the case ill let her lay them in there, do i need to make sure of anything to make them hatch?
And also id like to leave the box open somewhere if they hatch so that they can just leave it, is there any spot you could suggest that works safely for them to leave at

Mairo

Arachnopeon
So i caught this junping spider in my bathroom around a week ago and made an enclosure for her. Screenshot_20210613-225114_Gallery.jpg 20210606_215513.jpg
I thought she looked like she had eggs and i right, she layed them in a corner today.
Any tips for what i should do now? I would like to make them hatch possibly in the wild or in the right habitat

azal

Arachnopeon
Light misting away from where the spider is and it should be fine but don’t disturb it. Expect them to take up to a month for the eggs to hatch, if you have air holes large enough for fruit flies to slip out youll want to put mesh over the air holes or a butterfly / mantis enclosure over the entire enclosure to ensure no escapees! And youll need fruitflies for the babies. Let me know if you need anythin else!

Edit: sperate the slings after 1-2 weeks b/c they could eat each other. Keep em well fed. If the water drops are too big they could drown.
Check out the part after they hatched in this website it may help

If thats the case ill let her lay them in there, do i need to make sure of anything to make them hatch?
And also id like to leave the box open somewhere if they hatch so that they can just leave it, is there any spot you could suggest that works safely for them to leave at
Did repied to your other post. Anyway if your going to relese them dont do it right away. B/c they have to molt their exoskeletons once, their abdomen will thin out, and in about 2-3 weeks, they'll start to disperse. Start feeding them fruit flies at this time. Mom can be removed while out and about hunting

Last edited:

Mairo

Arachnopeon
Light misting away from where the spider is and it should be fine but don’t disturb it. Expect them to take up to a month for the eggs to hatch, if you have air holes large enough for fruit flies to slip out youll want to put mesh over the air holes or a butterfly / mantis enclosure over the entire enclosure to ensure no escapees! And youll need fruitflies for the babies. Let me know if you need anythin else!

Edit: sperate the slings after 1-2 weeks b/c they could eat each other. Keep em well fed. If the water drops are too big they could drown.
Check out the part after they hatched in this website it may help
All right thanks, ill wait for them to hatch and separate em, problem is i really have no way to get fruitflies rn

azal

Arachnopeon
All right thanks, ill wait for them to hatch and separate em, problem is i really have no way to get fruitflies rn
Well then you could take the container outdoors and put it under a plant or something so they will naturally disperse after they molt and seperate mom too