Jobs in animal care?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
well is there any way for you to try and obtain an animal rehabilitaors license?....i know in missouri depending on species...there are grants and such to become a animal rehab...like in cape giradue...i knew a guy who got a license to work with birds of prey including...bald eagles, red tailed hawks, vultures, and owls....ad he did it out of his house....im not sure of the requirments...but he did it....and got paid not sure how much...but that was his full time job...and he and a couple mo conservation agents down there i know have now help get the populations of bald eagles back around the mississippi river....incredible site to see btw. if it is a zoo type job your looking for...just stay in school and volunteer if you have too...or try and become an intern. i would stay away from unacredited exibits though because even if well run they always seem to get bad raps. but i wish you luck....hope for the best...i know your frustration too though...i want to become a missouri conservation agent sooo bad i can taste it...even though i volunteer alot...i have to go to school for foresty(masters) go through basically highway patrol training camp and then have a batchelors in wildlife and game manegment:eek: im just too broke for that kind of schooling...(6 years or better)
ew yeah I know the feeling with school. It seems so far away for me. There is a wild-life rehab center near me but I'm not sure if it's a paid job or a volunteer basis.