Jamies Tarantulas acrylic containers.

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
I ordered these for my slings and two juveniles. I will be careful of humidity since they all have top openings. I am excited to get them. Anyone have any pics? Thanks!

Squidies

Arachnopeon
10425058_10153032736819948_7475569953906991754_n.jpg

Here's a pic I took a little while ago when I rehoused my B. albopilosum into the larger enclosure I bought from Jamies next to the smaller enclosure I bought with my C. cyaneopubescens from her as well, both with obligatory hide and fake foliage. They both seem to have pretty decent ventilation. In the smaller one, I have to add water to the dish every few days from evaporation but it still seems to stay at a pretty good humidity. The larger enclosure I like just because it doesn't have the wire covers and much prefer the small holes on the side for ventilation. As with the smaller enclosure, the larger also seems to keep relatively humid with just a water dish that needs water added maybe once a week at most. They're both awesome enclosures and crystal clear. I know a lot of people don't mind using deli cups or whatever, but for me, I'd rather spend the extra money and have an awesome enclosure that I can reuse for the next batch of creepers I decide to buy when they get too big :biggrin:

awonderfulyear

Arachnopeon
i bought one of each of the sling enclosures. i just opened them and they are surprisingly tough to open!
tumblr_nj69835NFk1qjbi8eo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nj697mwbfr1qjbi8eo1_540.jpg
tumblr_nj69eoB3ua1qjbi8eo1_540.jpg

Squidies

Arachnopeon
i bought one of each of the sling enclosures. i just opened them and they are surprisingly tough to open!
They definitely are a little tough to open at first. Just slowly pry them side to side until they come loose. After awhile they get a little less rigid and are easier to open.

Last edited:

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Since someone else said it first, I'll agree that the juvie enclosures are difficult to open. It's good that the T is definitely not going to escape. But I had an OBT sling in mine, tried to hold container super still while opening the top, but there will be slight jarring. Nothing like making a T really mad just prior to opening it.
But they are pretty enclosures and the adult sizes probably open easier.

Squidies

Arachnopeon
Since someone else said it first, I'll agree that the juvie enclosures are difficult to open. It's good that the T is definitely not going to escape. But I had an OBT sling in mine, tried to hold container super still while opening the top, but there will be slight jarring. Nothing like making a T really mad just prior to opening it.
But they are pretty enclosures and the adult sizes probably open easier.
haha! especially with that species! My GBB used be be pretty skittish when I'd open the container, but now that it's a little easier, and she's a little more used to it, she doesn't scurry too often unless I really jostle the thing up.

The larger enclosure is definitely easier to open though the acrylic lock does tend to stick a bit. Either way they're both beautiful setups and I'm glad I went with them.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Your what? I need a latin genus and species or I have to be rude and hateful to you.:sarcasm:
lol
Yeah -- I really love the acrylic enclosures -- so pretty. Mine are in the cheapo KK. The slings get better enclosures here than the adults. :)

Squidies

Arachnopeon
Your what? I need a latin genus and species or I have to be rude and hateful to you.:sarcasm:
Sorry...My Animalia Arthropoda Arachnida Araneae Mygalomorphae Theraphosidae Theraphosinae Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens :tongue:.

I do enjoy the large enclosure (and I think my B. albopilosum does as well). They are a bit expensive but it is nice that they double as an aboreal or terrestrial.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Sorry...My Animalia Arthropoda Arachnida Araneae Mygalomorphae Theraphosidae Theraphosinae Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens :tongue:.
Oh, a tarantula! See how being specific helps. I agree, tarantulas do great in the acrylic enclosures, both the ground'ish kind and the tree'ish kind.

Squidies

Arachnopeon
Orangimenta Bamboonum Tarantulis -- Sorry, I thought latin acronyms were allowed. My bad.:biggrin:
You mean a Heteroscodra maculata??? Not sure if you're joking......also it's not latin, its the "binomial name".

tbrandt

Arachnosquire
Latin is great. Short acronyms of common or latin names are also great for quickly referencing a species. Both are useful "inside the hobby" language that we pick up along the way.

In this case, OBT and GBB are equally as far off from the latin binomial nomenclature for the species referenced. They are also both great ways to quickly reference those species.

I ordered these for my slings and two juveniles. I will be careful of humidity since they all have top openings. I am excited to get them. Anyone have any pics? Thanks!
Jaime's sling enclosures are a great way to put your slings up in attractive and functional accommodations without breaking the bank. I took advantage of the special she has running on an H.Mac (Heteroscodra Maculata) sling + sling cage & substrate, moss, etc. for $25. Great deal and happy spider.

The enclosures do have sticky lids, which can be concerning if you are trying to minimize disturbance, but still worth the money. I have only used the "terrestrial" sling enclosure thus far. I set this up as a semi-arboreal set-up which works for the H.Mac because they like to burrow as slings.

I don't know if I understand how the "arboreal" sling enclosure would work for feeding as it seems like you would have to open the enclosure, turn the top part upside down - the part which contains the "T" (Family, Theraphosidae) and drop food in before turning it right side up again. Someone who has actually owned one and used it might understand better.

Congratulations on the new enclosures.

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
In glad they are popular. I am tired of squinting through opaque deli cups. I also kind of like everything to match. Let's hope the rehousing goes well!

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
You mean a Heteroscodra maculata??? Not sure if you're joking......also it's not latin, its the "binomial name".
lol, no I completely made that up. I was trying to just sound latin.
No, you win -- I used OBT and not real name..
I have a lousy sense of humor, sorry.:wink:

tbrandt

Arachnosquire
In glad they are popular. I am tired of squinting through opaque deli cups. I also kind of like everything to match. Let's hope the rehousing goes well!
I posted a video of one of two Idiothele Mira (Blue-Footed Baboon) slings that I have grabbing a cricket. This sling is housed in one of Jaime's terrestrial sling enclosures.

You can view the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXHC3CxjtPQ

Sorry for the water spots on the side of the enclosure...need to give it a wipe down.

Gpappy31

Arachnopeon
I purchased a few large enclosures for my arboreal tarantulas. They are decent but in my opinion a bit over sized for some arboreal species. For example, Avic avic. I turn 5.5 gallon tanks into an arboreal setup and with a little work it works and the size id perfect. As for their sling enclosures, they can be purchased from any Container Store for $1.79. And with a few holes to drill, they are exactly the same as Jamie's. I can supply pics if anyone cares to see.

Sydney A

Arachnopeon
All 5 transferred with very few problems! They look great and I will post a pic later. Whew.