Ivory millipede problem

sierraluck00

Arachnopeon
One of my florida ivory millipedes has been acting strange lately. She has been spending a lot of her time on the surface coiled, and I am afraid she might be weakened or dying. The others remain burrowed in the substrate and occasionally surface like normal. The millipede in question, however, when touched remains loosely coiled with its legs moving and then eventually starts walking around. Normally she would run when touched in a defensive manner, but now seems too lethargic or out of energy to do so. I really don’t want her to die, I don’t know what could be the problem as they have the proper substrate, food and humidity.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is your millipede an adult? I ca’t say for certain, but it may just be getting old.

Catherine31

Arachnosquire
Is your millipede an adult? I ca’t say for certain, but it may just be getting old.
Hi, I am no expert, but I had one of those as my first Millipede. She did the same thing and at first I thought she was trying to molt on top of the soil. She went on like this for a few weeks and then finally passed away. I was very upset because she was my first. I hope your baby snaps out of it. I eventually figured out that mine was just old because I found her on the wall at the school where I teach. She was much bigger than some of the others I have seen. My heart goes out to you.

sierraluck00

Arachnopeon
I believe so, she’s about 3 inches long I think thats about how big they get as adults. She’s also darker in color and slightly smaller than the others (she was like that to begin with) so I’m wondering if she had some underlying problem that I never noticed. I got them almost 1 year ago in August. She is my favorite pede

sierraluck00

Arachnopeon
Hi, I am no expert, but I had one of those as my first Millipede. She did the same thing and at first I thought she was trying to molt on top of the soil. She went on like this for a few weeks and then finally passed away. I was very upset because she was my first. I hope your baby snaps out of it. I eventually figured out that mine was just old because I found her on the wall at the school where I teach. She was much bigger than some of the others I have seen. My heart goes out to you.
Aww ☹ I’m sorry for your loss. This pede is also my favorite, I named her Dilly. I will be so sad if she passes away

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I believe so, she’s about 3 inches long I think thats about how big they get as adults. She’s also darker in color and slightly smaller than the others (she was like that to begin with) so I’m wondering if she had some underlying problem that I never noticed. I got them almost 1 year ago in August. She is my favorite pede
The females can actually get 4+ inches, so it may not be fully grown, but it sounds like it have had some kind of issue for some time. I hope your millipede pulls through.