Ivory Millipede babies!

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I found babies! they are all small, from 1/32 inch to 1/16 inch and skinny, but i have counted about 20, i am sure there are more, it is in about 7 gallon enclosure. This is the best shot i could get!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94208305@N00/3641685849/

Thanks everyone for all the help! Took me maybe 2 months to get babies from these guys, hopefully the other species are next!

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
very cute. congratulation!! and thanks for sharing.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
CUTE! I don't think my ivories will have babies right now, I keep getting an ant infestation in their tank (I swear I have NO idea how they keep getting in but there has to be a queen in there with them, because there's pupae and grubs too). They leave the adults alone, but eggs and babies are probably eaten up.

I've completely emptied the tank four times in the past two months, and we even MOVED a couple weeks ago to a new place! It does NOT make sense that the ant colony is still there and thriving and multiplying in the pede tank. The only time they weren't there was when I kept saran wrap on top of the enclosure, but then no airflow existed and I didn't want to keep that up...

Darn tiny little ants. Maybe I should just keep an ant colony and give up on the ivory pedes, lol!

The sad part is I can't figure out what they're eating either, they don't LEAVE the tank ever, and there's nothing around for them to eat except sometimes when I put veggies in there. The veggies are gone within a day's time, broken down by the ants.

xirxes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Back when i first started ants were a problem... what i did was i placed the whole enclosure on 4 wood stilts, and i placed the stilts in a container of water.

Ants can't get up and Viola!