I've missed out on a lot...

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So I haven't really been into tarantulas that much for a while like I used to about a year ago. First things first... To any of you who remember me as an annoying little kid, I am sorry. I am more mature now, and, well, not an annoying 12 year old any more.

2nd question. When did they make these big changes on ArachnoBoards? Its way different from how I remember it..

3rd question(s). I know there has been multiple name changes for some pretty simple t's. But what are they? For these species. I remember the Rose Hair used to be Grammostola roses, but what is it now? And the Goliath Bird Eating tarantula. I know there is the blondi, but what are the other goliath bird eaters names? And can you tell me what names have been updated in the past year, cause that's about how long I haven't been paying much attention to tarantulas. Baseball and football and a lot of other sports have taken away my love for this hobby. I still have two tarantulas, a Grammostola pulchripes and Brachypelma albopilosum:)

Thanks!

tarantulalover9

Arachnopeon
Ok the name hor the chilean rose is Grammostola Rosea and it used to be Grammostola portire not roses and then the other's besides blondi is stirmi

Ahmet29992

Arachnopeon
One of the other Theraphosa names is the Theraphosa stirmi, which looks a lot like the T. blondi. As far as I know, the big difference is that the T. stirmi has no hairs on the leg segments closest to the carapace.

As for the Rose Hair, I think it's Grammostola rosea now.

Last edited:

le-thomas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok the name hor the chilean rose is Grammostola Rosea and it used to be Grammostola portire not roses and then the other's besides blondi is stirmi
Don't capitalize the species name ("rosea").
To the OP, these "bird eaters" that you're referring to belong to the genus Theraphosa. The genus contains three described species: Theraphosa blondi, Theraphosa stirmi, and Theraphosa apophysis. Grammostola rosea is still the same. Using the search function (or a simple google search, at that) could bring up all of this information.
As for the changes, I can't exactly remember when they happened, but it's been a while. The new layout is a lot better and easier to navigate. Welcome back :)

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of the other Theraphosa names is the Theraphosa stirmi, which looks a lot like the T. blondi. As far as I know, the big difference is that the T. stirmi has no hairs on the leg segments closest to the carapace.
They lack setae on the patella, not the closest segment to the carapace.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To any of you who remember me as an annoying little kid, I am sorry. I am more mature now, and, well, not an annoying 12 year old any more.
smalls, i think you'll find you are far from being the most annoying person on AB anymore and you probably (sadly, i shudder to think it) know more than a few of the newbs handing out advice on here daily. and i say that with little sarcasting. now if only your old friend joe was here to see you all growed up... :rolleyes:

i kid, i kid. congrats on returning. maybe you'll read up on some Avicularia literature and go pro with it this time around. i do recall them being your favourite genus, no?

smallara98

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
smalls, i think you'll find you are far from being the most annoying person on AB anymore and you probably (sadly, i shudder to think it) know more than a few of the newbs handing out advice on here daily. and i say that with little sarcasting. now if only your old friend joe was here to see you all growed up... :rolleyes:

i kid, i kid. congrats on returning. maybe you'll read up on some Avicularia literature and go pro with it this time around. i do recall them being your favourite genus, no?
I was actually thinking about buying a new avic and 2 Brachy slings. I'm gonna start collecting again! Sports and stuff just got into the way of collecting, along with skateboarding. But yeah, sometime these nextt
two weeks i should get an avic and 2 brachys :)

---------- Post added 06-29-2012 at 01:18 PM ----------

Oh yeah and where has everybody gone? Xhedx and Redneck and a few others I haven't seen since last time I've been on here. Did they just get bored of this website?