I've caught a jumping spider and need help regarding his new "lifestyle"

Askartan

Arachnopeon
Today a jumping spider bothered me a lot by walking on my monitor for quite some time, as minutes went by I decided to capture him and put him in a small terrarium I made 2 weeks ago (it's the first one I've ever made so it may not be the best) and after leaving him there I have questions that need to be answered.

1. Will he be okay there? He seems to keep trying to leave the terrarium and I am worried its just not the best place for him to be. Here's the terrarium (Moss was too exposed to sunlight that's the reason it started to lose its color) Here's also the terrarium with a 1,5l water bottle for scale
2. If it's completely okay there for him to live why is he trying to escape all the time? (Logically I can answer this, who would want to be imprisoned? But even if the terrarium is sealed with the cork he's still attached to the cork) The rascal in question attached to the cork.
3. What do jumping spiders eat? Are harmless fly-like insects or small moths okay? Don't want to feed him garbage.
4. If question 1 is answered with a big NO what are the conditions I can provide for him? I've seen people on the internet making smaller, jar sized enclosures that seemed way better than my terrarium.
5. He also doesn't seem to be making any webs, that's pretty worrying to me.
Anything will help, thanks for anyone that decides to answer all those questions o_O

TLSizzle

Arachnoknight
Looks too damp in there. It'll need air holes for sure...
I've found all my wild caught ones never settled quite as good as captive bred. So I've always let WC go after a few hours.
But yes, they eat flies, crickets, small mealworms. Anything of reasonable size.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Today a jumping spider bothered me a lot by walking on my monitor for quite some time, as minutes went by I decided to capture him and put him in a small terrarium I made 2 weeks ago (it's the first one I've ever made so it may not be the best) and after leaving him there I have questions that need to be answered.

1. Will he be okay there? He seems to keep trying to leave the terrarium and I am worried its just not the best place for him to be. Here's the terrarium (Moss was too exposed to sunlight that's the reason it started to lose its color) Here's also the terrarium with a 1,5l water bottle for scale
2. If it's completely okay there for him to live why is he trying to escape all the time? (Logically I can answer this, who would want to be imprisoned? But even if the terrarium is sealed with the cork he's still attached to the cork) The rascal in question attached to the cork.
3. What do jumping spiders eat? Are harmless fly-like insects or small moths okay? Don't want to feed him garbage.
4. If question 1 is answered with a big NO what are the conditions I can provide for him? I've seen people on the internet making smaller, jar sized enclosures that seemed way better than my terrarium.
5. He also doesn't seem to be making any webs, that's pretty worrying to me.
Anything will help, thanks for anyone that decides to answer all those questions o_O
Get a 32 oz deli cup . Drill or poke small holes in it .