It was a good day =)

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If fertile I will have my hands full again. If I had to guess there are 800-1200 eggs in that thing lol.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
If fertile I will have my hands full again. If I had to guess there are 800-1200 eggs in that thing lol.
So what did you do and when did you do it? Year round day/night temps? Most people aren't able to get good sacs from smithi, and the hobby needs a lot more of them.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Poec, that's simple. Just mimic their environment and seasons. Hobbyists don't seem to understand this simple concept. I can easily successful breed any brachy. I have a good friend who has produced so many brachy it's crazy. Many hobbyists don't want others to know.... competition isn't good for any animal business. Tarantulas weren't meant to stay at 80 degrees all year... when you understand that you'll be fine.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I did simulate seasons. And I didn't do a cool down period. She did however get some serious heat. Low 90s type heat. Followed by tank flooding.

---------- Post added 03-19-2015 at 08:39 AM ----------

You can easily breed any brachy fuzzy? No
offense but care to share some proof of your successes?

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice just like I had thought. I hope you get a big healthy sac of smithi.

Unfortunately, I've only produced 19 sacs of vagans at one time. I meant with the knowledge I have of breeding brachys when my specimens get big I will pop out every species like nothing. Knowledge is power and it's unfortunate that hobbyists don't share this knowledge. An old friend taught me everything I need to know. My friend is perfect when it comes to smithi. 3 for 3. I use to have a ton of issues with pokies until i started to mimic their seasons and now I have a metallica and rufilata in the process of producing sacs. It's very simple sir. Mimic their seasons and you will get sacs, I'd they're good of not that's another story.

So you could easily argue that i have no clue what I'm talking about since I haven't bred any brachys with the exception of a super easy species. I've bred and been successful everytime I've bred Avicularia and that's what matters most to me. Brachys live super long and that's amazing, but I don't need to focus on them as much as faster growing species.

elportoed

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That's awesome news, that many more B smithi coming into circulation. Welcome back to the hobby Ryan. Good timing on your return, we are running low on cool Brachys.

LythSalicaria

Arachnosquire
Amazing pics! It's a real treat to get to see a Tarantula in the process of laying her eggs. :)