It never ceases to amaze me

RoseT

Arachnosquire
Getting hard to find? Oh oh maybe I shouldn't have gave 5 away last week..

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
Ahhh im sure the guy who is selling this wouldn't know a OW from a NW. Im sure my king baboon like's to be held lol not really but this seller guy doesn't know what he is talking about.

astraldisaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is that its permanent enclosure?? Poor thing. :( If I were anywhere near the poster, I would give that spider a good home.

DamoK21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The link is a picture of a mexican red knee (B.smithi), and is also labeld as a Mex Red Knee ??, i fail to see how that is a G.rosea ??

Megan 03

Arachnopeon
The link is a picture of a mexican red knee (B.smithi), and is also labeld as a Mex Red Knee ??, i fail to see how that is a G.rosea ??
I was under the assumption he mentioned rosea because of how generic they are (same idea with the smithi) and how the seller seemed to talk up a common species to make it sound rare and like a good mannerism is unusual in the species. Both smithi and rosea are generic well mannered T's that are readily available. I believe the point was to mock the lack of knowledge in so many pet stores and with so many owners (Hence the ripping on the tank set up also). there is so much misinformation and so many confused and uniformed keepers that spout there mouth off. Ignorance is amusing at times.... sponge in the dish lol, who does that???

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I didn't say it was.

I was referring to how the B. smithi was setup. Then, I was referring to how every rose hair ad always say the same things. Not that it was a rose hair ad that said that.

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've been to the shop that has the B. smithi. I didn't see that one when I was there, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were its permanent enclosure.

They had an adult female G. rosea in a 8x4x4" glass tank with crushed walnut shells as the substrate and a small A. avic in the same exact setup. Yes, the A. avic enclosure's setup was bone dry. I believe there was also a P. imperator housed in a similar enclosure, but don't remember exactly.

They also had two juvenile veiled chameleons in a large cage with two additional lizards of a completely different genus. There was a tank that housed about 6 desert geckos. I say "desert" because it housed both leopard and African fat-tailed geckos.

I left them a 2-star review on Facebook after they had asked for anyone who had visited their store to leave a review, and then I "unliked" the page. The only good thing about the store was that they had some lower than usual prices on some supply items. I didn't bother buying anything, though.

If you find the B. smithi ad eyeroll-worthy, take a look at this post something posted regarding an e-mail exchange with a store employee. There is some foul language in the post, FYI.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/pet/2421898231.html

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
90% of the tarantulas you see on CL were impulse buys with owners that know NOTHING about them,or could care less about them.They just bought it because it looked "cool"
They do not know any better. They bought it,and just want it gone after the thrill of owning a huge spider wears off...