It happend!

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So, my 1st T molted, A. versicolor and he/she is looking awsome (Neon blue) am amazed on the size that it grew. I think it just happened so am going to wait till tonight before i open up the cage. I will get some pics up soon, very excited atm. :)

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So, it kinda sliped my mine but its a good 2 weeks before i should feed again correct?:?

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If it's blue, I'm guessing it's still a sling. If so, I'd offer food after about 5 days personally.

Steve Calceatum

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sweet Deal!!!

Actually, I offer mine prey about 3 days after the molt. She will take interest in it soon enough. Make sure they have plenty of hydration/humidity, though. Congrats!!!

Mine is in that damned pre-molt stage, and doing her usual "worry-me-to-death" thing.....just waiting until the last possible second before she has to molt. :p

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You should wait at least a week before you try to feed it.If you feed it to
soon you risk injury to your sling.As thay get larger it will take longer for your
sling to hardern after thay molt.So you should give them more time before
you feed them.You should give a adult T least 10 days before you try to feed
it.But 2 weeks would be better.Over the last 30 years i've seem to many T's
get injured by rushing them to feed.All thay have to do is to miss there prey
and strike something hard with there fangs.Like there water dish,a piece of
wood or the side of there tank.If your T is fangs not fully harderned yet it could
become incapable of feeding itself and could mean a slow death for your T.
It's better to give your T a few extra days.Whats the rush anyway.It's better
to be safe than sorry.Because once it happens theres nothing you can do
about.Except hope it has enough body weight to make it to it's next molt.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
However many days you wait, keep an eye on things until it starts eating again. I usually pull the meal out after an hour or two if a freshly molted sling doesn't take it. Once thier feeding response turns back on after a molt they are ravenous! They will usually either pounce immediately or not eat at all...

Congrads on the first molt. Your T keeper stress level should now go down until you find that first sac in one of your cages :D

Last edited:

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No rush at all, i just want to make sure i got some advice from people before i went ahead and did somthing i would regret thank you.

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
However many days you wait, keep an eye on things until it starts eating again. I usually pull the meal out after an hour or two if a freshly molted sling doesn't take it. Once thier feeding response turns back on after a molt they are usually ravenous! They will usually either pounce immediately or not eat at all...

Congrads on the first molt. Your T keeper stress level should now go down until you find that first sac in one of your cages :D
Lol ya a tad bit, as a new keeper the spider not eating for a week , week in a half your mind starts to race and u think of everything in the book.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i usually feed two-three days after the molt for slings.
but thats because i feed prekilled and cut up food.
congrats!

Satellite Rob

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thats a good attitude to have.Theres no reason to rush her.Once she starts
feeding you can feed her as much as you want.Most people that have the
problem i'm was talking about.Thay don't relize thay cause caused it and
can't figure out what happened.Then thay think it had a molting problem and
thats why it died.But thay caused the problem themselves.T's don't die for no
reason.

scottyk

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Lol ya a tad bit, as a new keeper the spider not eating for a week , week in a half your mind starts to race and u think of everything in the book.
Yup! Wait until you get a serious non eater :D

I don't know if you caught my update a few weeks ago, but I have an A. chalcodes that hasn't eaten for a year now. Here is a link...

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=144838&highlight=seriously+seasonal+feeders

Patience is one of the top virtues you can have in this hobby :rolleyes:

Scott

Last edited:

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Pretty frikkin cool, huh? lol I love molts, and I've got a good collection going.. but each new one still brings me to a fit of giggles and excitement over my "new" T lol Can't wait to see pictures!

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
to heavly webed to get any good pictures of her anymore she is that fuzzy blue rock.

Last edited:

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ohhhh her legs are a very cool looking blue. Congrats! :D

Crounchaholic

Arachnopeon
My first T molted this week-end as well! It's a Psalmopoeus Cambridgei and it's in terrific shape :D YaY!!! {D I don't have a picture because my camera sucks...

It ate the part I needed to determine if it's a male or female, it molted during the night so I could not get the molt on time...