Isopods and roaches

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Does anyone use isopods in their roach colonies? I noticed that the mites from my moon crab enclosure have spread basically everywhere. I started a colony with some pill bugs and wood lice, so eventually I'll add them to all of the enclosures. I was just wondering if they do any harm to the tiny young.

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I guess I'll have to do some experiments....my whole room has turned into a roach and plant cloning experiment lol....

grymblade

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
idk i thot isopods were herbies not sure tho. i would imagine that if they were kept well fed they would most ignore the roaches. prolly more risk of roaches eating isopods :-D

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
idk i thot isopods were herbies not sure tho. i would imagine that if they were kept well fed they would most ignore the roaches. prolly more risk of roaches eating isopods :-D
Roaches won't eat the isopods. (Well, it's possible that roaches might eat P.muscorum, but I HIGHLY doubt it.)

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I figured as scavengers they might eat a molting tiny roach but the more I think about it the stupider it sounds.

Scolopendra55

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I put some isopods in my hisser colony and watched them all get eaten within minutes of their introduction :(