Is this T in the hobby?

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Amoeba

Arachnolord
I've heard grumblings of this species being in the works I cannot confirm if this is real talk or rumor but I know of someone on these boards who saw one in a museum in Texas.

TEX Darryl

Arachnopeon
Yes... there is a female in TX!!!!! I've seen it, held it, kissed it.... but no male!!!!! Just makes me sick to thank about it...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
pretty much what brettG said... not really in the hobby at large but there are almost certainly a few ppl with them

basically, iirc, they have not been legally imported into the USA but some folks were claiming they can be found in AZ and are thus fully legal just like any other USA Aphonopelma. i would love to find out they really are in AZ, though

<-- looks at location. heck yeah, i would!

TEX Darryl

Arachnopeon
I'm Not going to say that they are NOT in AZ... and I wish they were... But I highly doubt it!

Kungfujoe

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is a cool looking T, do they look different as sub adults? Kinda like how GBBs go through changes as they grow up.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
id rather the GBB... if im not mistaken arent ALL Aphonopelma grow hella slow? Plus, the gbb makes cool web.

---------- Post added 04-18-2012 at 09:01 PM ----------

wow.. that was worded ALL wrong, but you get the point

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
pretty much what brettG said... not really in the hobby at large but there are almost certainly a few ppl with them

basically, iirc, they have not been legally imported into the USA but some folks were claiming they can be found in AZ and are thus fully legal just like any other USA Aphonopelma. i would love to find out they really are in AZ, though

<-- looks at location. heck yeah, i would!
I'd love to live in Tucson, you like it there? The only issue is, I couldn't keep my Helodermas :S

I'm going to be herping in Nogales, AZ and surrounding areas June 6 - 13 (had to move my plans a little later in the month, no biggie) so I most defiantly will keep my eyes out, since I will be herping 7 days and only sleeping between 12-4pm every day basically haha. I don't think I am going to get my hopes up for that though. I may be going down to Sonora, Mexico in September so that may be a possibility; if I can get them back legally.

Jared781

Arachnobaron
it seems like you guys come up with a new spider everyday! LOL... Yet in my opinion it looks more like a Brachypelma sp.
It states "Mexico" and im aware of Aphonopelma sp. can be from there yet it look very close to Brachy', B. verdezi even.... for an example! hah

Last edited:

Amoeba

Arachnolord
it seems like you guys come up with a new spider everyday! LOL... Yet in my opinion it looks more like a Brachypelma sp.
It states "Mexico" and im aware of Aphonopelma sp. can be from there yet it look very close to Brachy', B. verdezi even.... for an example! hah
Brachypelma is closely related to Aphonopelma but a main difference is in the spermathecae. Borders apply to humans not spiders.