Is This Indeed an Avicularia avicularia???

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
I was not talking to you, hence why I quoted another person's post....so you can remove the disagree.

A. metallica aren't purple. Dealers often buy from breeders, and if they bought mis-labeled avics, there would be no way for them to know as many avics look very similar as slings..
Ok, man. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Just a simple mistake. I suggest kindly disagreeing with people when you do, which, honestly, will make people respect you. Just some advice. No offense. I think the others would agree with me.
Oh, and, respectfully, I don't think I will take my disagree off. I disagree with your attitude, bro, not your post.:banghead: Have a great day, man! Oh, and your spiders are very pretty in your pics!;):happy:

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
It is definitely a Avicularia.. and yes, possibly a sp Peru purple. Colors fade when a spider approaches a molt. And the setae certainly fit.
Oh, ok! Thx dude! You may be right! I will have to wait until she molts next to decide. I will show you her molt and pics after she does so that you can help me identify. I don't really know that much yet. Thanks!;)

P.S. Why are some people so nasty on here? It's kind of sad. Thanks for being helpful!:cat::happy:

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Isn't A. metallica now considered an A. avicularia morphotype? Or is it a "nomen dubium" ?

cold blood

Staff member
Ok, man. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Just a simple mistake. I suggest kindly disagreeing with people when you do, which, honestly, will make people respect you. Just some advice. No offense. I think the others would agree with me.
Oh, and, respectfully, I don't think I will take my disagree off. I disagree with your attitude, bro, not your post.:banghead: Have a great day, man! Oh, and your spiders are very pretty in your pics!;):happy:
I was merely trying to clear things up. If you spent any time on these boards you would realize that I am neither nasty or disrespectful...in fact I am one of the more helpful and friendly people on these boards. There was zero attitude intended and I'm sorry you read it that way.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Oh, ok! Thx dude! You may be right! I will have to wait until she molts next to decide. I will show you her molt and pics after she does so that you can help me identify. I don't really know that much yet. Thanks!;)

P.S. Why are some people so nasty on here? It's kind of sad. Thanks for being helpful!:cat::happy:
I would pm a proper apology to cold blood if I were you. It's a bad idea to make enemies with some of the most helpful people on arachnoboards.

You'd be better off asking CEC. He's the Avic guy around here.

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
I was merely trying to clear things up. If you spent any time on these boards you would realize that I am neither nasty or disrespectful...in fact I am one of the more helpful and friendly people on these boards. There was zero attitude intended and I'm sorry you read it that way.
I am sorry, cold blood. It is difficult to determine the meaning of words from plain text, but it was immature of me to jump to conclusions. Truce, friend. I will remove my disagree.:embarrassed:

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I was not talking to you, hence why I quoted another person's post....so you can remove the disagree.
And people say I'm the sassy one.

:troll:

A. metallica aren't purple. Dealers often buy from breeders, and if they bought mis-labeled avics, there would be no way for them to know as many avics look very similar as slings..
Totally, and though I haven't seen every single Avicularia/Caribena/Ybyrapora sling, I do believe that the "unique" looking slings were removed from Avicularia and put into Caribena/Ybyrapora genera. C. versicolor, C. laeta, Y. diversipes, and Y. sooretama don't have any of the typical Avicularia baby looks.

Not sure if there is another Avicularia sling that looks like A. purpurea though. They are black and white as slings.

The problem is that there is no 'polite disagree' option available. Disagrees directly reflect a person's standing on the board. If they have a high number of disagrees then likely the information they spout is nonsense and to be avoided. I use my disagree button as a warning to others. If a user consistently posts bad information, I make it a point to disagree with as much bad information posts they make as possible so people can look at their ratings and know to take what they say with a grain of salt. There are some things I disagree with, but the user isn't a lost cause so I don't use disagree with them.

Cold blood knows "his stuff," and is also a highly rated breeder so...pick your bridges to burn carefully before you isolate yourself from someone who's help you might need one day, or who's livestock you might want to purchase. I certainly don't help and wouldn't sell to someone who came off as condescending in a response to me as you did in your response to him.

I don't know who "the others" are that you're speaking of, but I notice none of them have flocked to hit the agree button. ;)

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
And people say I'm the sassy one.

:troll:

Totally, and though I haven't seen every single Avicularia/Caribena/Ybyrapora sling, I do believe that the "unique" looking slings were removed from Avicularia and put into Caribena/Ybyrapora genera. C. versicolor, C. laeta, Y. diversipes, and Y. sooretama don't have any of the typical Avicularia baby looks.

Not sure if there is another Avicularia sling that looks like A. purpurea though. They are black and white as slings.

The problem is that there is no 'polite disagree' option available. Disagrees directly reflect a person's standing on the board. If they have a high number of disagrees then likely the information they spout is nonsense and to be avoided. I use my disagree button as a warning to others. If a user consistently posts bad information, I make it a point to disagree with as much bad information posts they make as possible so people can look at their ratings and know to take what they say with a grain of salt. There are some things I disagree with, but the user isn't a lost cause so I don't use disagree with them.

Cold blood knows "his stuff," and is also a highly rated breeder so...pick your bridges to burn carefully before you isolate yourself from someone who's help you might need one day, or who's livestock you might want to purchase. I certainly don't help and wouldn't sell to someone who came off as condescending in a response to me as you did in your response to him.

I don't know who "the others" are that you're speaking of, but I notice none of them have flocked to hit the agree button. ;)
You are right. You can read my apology to cold blood below.:embarrassed:

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
I would pm a proper apology to cold blood if I were you. It's a bad idea to make enemies with some of the most helpful people on arachnoboards.

You'd be better off asking CEC. He's the Avic guy around here.
Good point. You can read my apology to cold blood below. I don't want to be a troll.

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
I want to publicly apologize to cold blood for my trolling and quick tongue.
I have thought about what I said and realize it was in poor taste and disrespectful. I plan on using more decorum and civilities in my replies. Thank you for being forgiving toward my comments, and I plan on staying on this forum... so I don't want to make enemies (like venom mentioned). :sorry::)

Oh, and again, if anyone can accurately identify my Tarantula from my pics, plz let me know. I will post some more pics soon (some with flash on). Thanks again!:happy:

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak

Well, this got me digging for some answers to maybe figure out what exactly I have, if not an A. metallica, and I just noticed that the March 2017 revision claimed that A. metallica should no longer exist, so now I’m even more confused. Still, I’m doubting if what I have is an sp. Purple. The first photo I posted makes her look more purple/red than she really is. This picture is a bit more accurate (or as accurate as a photo of an Avic can be :banghead: )

10B20BA7-2D5A-46E4-9B4B-D69DD24DD055.jpeg

Either way, she’s one of my favorites.

CrazyPinkToe2day

Arachnopeon
Well, this got me digging for some answers to maybe figure out what exactly I have, if not an A. metallica, and I just noticed that the March 2017 revision claimed that A. metallica should no longer exist, so now I’m even more confused. Still, I’m doubting if what I have is an sp. Purple. The first photo I posted makes her look more purple/red than she really is. This picture is a bit more accurate (or as accurate as a photo of an Avic can be :banghead: )

View attachment 254982

Either way, she’s one of my favorites.
You and I are in the same boat, dude. Scientific classification is crazy complicated.:banghead::happy:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
March 2017 revision claimed that A. metallica should no longer exist
This is true. They clearly look different than A. avic, but the jury is still out for now on many morphotypes. Someday someone needs to combine DNA info with cladistics, that's when we will know for sure.