Is this dangerous? (Adult female Stirmi)

Jordan1998

Arachnosquire
Hey folks,

my adult female stirmi has a white spot on her back and I wondered if it can cause harm?
if so, is there anything to do about it?
I have no idea if it’s molt (if thats even possible to grow on her back), or an infection or simply a hairless pimple or something
Any info appreciated ^_^

Attachments

mantiscatamp

Arachnoknight
Yo I'm jus gonna say I don't keep ts and I'm dumb BUT to me and my idiotic brain it looks like
Your t got stressed and kicked hairs an now ha a bold spot? Again. I don't keep Ts and it's just an opinion

Jordan1998

Arachnosquire
Alright thank you guys. I thought the other spots on the bottom of her back were the hair kicking spots. I thought this was something else lol. Thanks for easing my mind. Dont wanna lose my biggest and oldest girl ^_^

basin79

ArachnoGod
Obviously it's not easy to tell on pics but that looks like a lump more than just a bald patch. Is it actually raised or can you see its lower than the hairs?

Jordan1998

Arachnosquire
Obviously it's not easy to tell on pics but that looks like a lump more than just a bald patch. Is it actually raised or can you see its lower than the hairs?
it’s raised. It’s like a little swollen lump.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is a bad sign. It may not die, but the possibility exists on that news alone.

Is it WC?

At a minimum I would slow down considerably on feeding.

Sometimes these go away after a molt or two, and other times they die.

A change or perceived weakening of the exoskeleton is never good.

Jordan1998

Arachnosquire
This is a bad sign. It may not die, but the possibility exists on that news alone.

Is it WC?

At a minimum I would slow down considerably on feeding.

Sometimes these go away after a molt or two, and other times they die.

A change or perceived weakening of the exoskeleton is never good.
So you recommend feeding less? I feed her about 2 adult locusts a week.

There isn't much you can do about it. Might be a tumor?
I hope not :(

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I’ve seen some pics like this that ended up being parasites. Would only be the case if she is wild caught.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
Hey folks,

my adult female stirmi has a white spot on her back and I wondered if it can cause harm?
if so, is there anything to do about it?
I have no idea if it’s molt (if thats even possible to grow on her back), or an infection or simply a hairless pimple or something
Any info appreciated ^_^
Looks like a bald patch, and nothing more. She’ll be fine. She’s just kicked all hair off of that spot, and the hair will return when she next molts :)

In that case, it could be a tumor. If that’s what it is, then there’s not much you can do besides waiting for it to hopefully molt out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Looks like a bald patch, and nothing more. She’ll be fine. She’s just kicked all hair off of that spot, and the hair will return when she next molts :)
Except according to the OP it isn't. The spot is raised, like a pimple.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It's what I would call a cyst and it may or may not make it, but there is no way to actually tell, so only time will tell for sure. Some T.'s may molt out of it and some may not. The only thing you can do is hope it molts away the cyst, but it's hard to make any calls on whether it makes it or not. I've seen small cysts going away with a molt, but I've also seen some cases with the opposite. I've heard cases of cysts going away and coming back in-between molts. No one here can honestly give a definite answer as there isn't a lot of research about it. Some people speculate internal parasites and some say other things, but no one is too sure as most things are just from other peoples experiences. It is quite plump already, so it's better to put the feedings aside and hope something good happens it's next molt.

Jordan1998

Arachnosquire
Andddddd im back to worrying again. At least I dont have to feel bad about mistreating her. Sounds like this wasn’t my fault. I really hope she’ll recover again. I have a sub-adult male and I had big plans for her :(