Is this a Pandinus Cavimanus?

Mybreakfast8me

Arachnopeon
This little guy was sold to me as a Pandinus Cavimanus. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this species because I'm not sure if it is truly a Cavimanus. I've noticed that the Cavimanus species have a lot of red in them and this guy is solid black. Sorry about the blurry picture.
IMG_1498.jpg

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
Not an expert.

Thought the chelae, on Pandius sp. was more granular and bumpy.

Could be a Heterometrus sp.

Can you get a few better photos? ; Or maybe someone can Id from this..

Tongue Flicker

Arachnobaron
How big/what instar is it? Looks like an ordinary emp to me but the telson looks kinda off. Looks skinny too

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
hard to say with this juvenile specimen. But this does not seem to be a Pandinus species, but a Heterometrus. I guess you don't know from what locality it came???

Mybreakfast8me

Arachnopeon
hard to say with this juvenile specimen. But this does not seem to be a Pandinus species, but a Heterometrus. I guess you don't know from what locality it came???
Negative, I purchased it from Ken The Bug Guy. He labeled it as a Pandinus Cavimanus but as soon as I saw it, I was skeptical. Just wanted a second opinion and a possible ID.

BAM1082

Arachnoknight
Coloration and general looks are not a way to identify a scorpion. I believe the major differences in Pandinus and Heterometrus lies in minute details of their exoskeleton.

Ive been trying to find a identification key with no luck, I just remember it went into great detail on the surface of the chelae.

If I dig it up; ill post.

BM