Is this a Desert Hairy or a Dune Scorpion?

Fyorax

Arachnopeon
The store labeled it as a desert hairy but he had a bunch of dune scorpions next to it and they both look similar. So im not sure how you can tell which is which. Ive been looking at other peoples desert hairy and their scorpions back are black or dark brown so i duno anymore :\ .
P1010842.jpg P1010840.jpg

Last edited:

Fyorax

Arachnopeon
O im new to scorpions how many sub species do desert hairy have O-O

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
o i c. so what would be the common desert hairy
Same thing just with a different color. Usually people will differentiate between the two by calling one the pale form and the other just a desert hairy.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
John isn't "officially" a sub-species. I also agree that it's a color morph I've had them sucessfully produce offspring before. Anways awesome scorp I've been looking for Pallidus where in CA are you located...or rather the petshop?

Fyorax

Arachnopeon
John isn't "officially" a sub-species. I also agree that it's a color morph I've had them sucessfully produce offspring before. Anways awesome scorp I've been looking for Pallidus where in CA are you located...or rather the petshop?
The pet shop can be found in long beach its called Jack's Exotic Pet's the shop has a facebook and heres their number 562 661 3343 they get some cool stuff.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome I'm in Long Beach right now I'll check them out. I thouht reptiles unlimted was the only exotic place around. Thanks.

Fyorax

Arachnopeon
Is there a way to tell the difference between a dune scorpion and a desert hairy?

Stirmi

Arachnosquire
dune scorpions have thinner tails than desert hairies in my opinion

Purpleorange8

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hadrurus Arizonesis (Light/Dark Morph), Hadrurus Pallidus (Light Morph), Hadrurus Spadix. (Dark Morph)