Is my tarantula stressed?

Meebles

Arachnopeon
hey there people of arachnoboards! i guess i dont post much here but ive been concerned about my tarantula lately. meebles (yes ive named her lol) is ur basic grammastola rosea, a good eater (strange for a rosehair but ill take it!), and a pretty typical adult female, but lately she's been meandering around her terrarium a lot and she hasnt really done this much before? here are some things ive considered:

- i rehoused her, say, 2 weeks ago. before i knew it, i ran out of substrate, so currently she doesnt have as much substrate in her terrarium as i'd like and its hard to come by due to COVID-19. ive ordered some more substrate online, but its taking a long time to get here (i found it necessary to rehouse her this instant because her old terrarium was much too tall and dangerous for her and the new one is a lot flatter and lower which gives me a sense of security. still needs more substrate to make it safely fall-proof, but im working on that the best i can in these quarantine conditions, like i mentioned before)

- i've been thinking about the container size a lot. meeble's legspan when stretched out is 4 to 5 inches, and the terrarium is 10 inches wide by 18 inches long, so a little big, but the hidey hole space covers about a 4th of that space. the container is 8 inches tall but again, i cant fix that issue until the substrate comes in. stupid COVID >:|

- The rehousing has a different kind of hide, before it was a log with 2 open sides, but now its like a proper cave she can be completely hidden in if she'd like to be. it also has a different kind of substrate, its a lot softer and dirt like whereas the other substrate before was more course. i'm guessing she's never had a problem with the humidity in my room before as her meandering is brand new behavior, so its likely not a humidity thing.

- i recently cleaned my room, but i dont exactly know if a cleaner room is gonna affect a mostly blind tarantula lol

- ive changed the temperature in my room a little because i like it warmer. throughout the day and night it fluctuates between 70 and 80 F.

- i've also considered that meebles just... isn't stressed at all? she likes her habitat very webbed and whenever i see her crawling around she's putting webs everywhere. so maybe thats just her making her semi new terrarium familiar and nice to her. that thought makes me feel the most good because its kind of like meebles and i renovating our rooms together at the same time haha

anyways, is she stressed, and if so, how come? sorry im unable to provide terrarium pics at the time i may be able to later.

oh and i forgot to mention her container is right next to my computer so we're right next to each other whenever i do anything online. maybe that affects some things, idk

Meebles

Arachnopeon
Meebles isn’t stressed, but it appears you are.
LMAO. maybe it seems a bit different because we're all couped up in our rooms with nothing to do but watch our Ts

Last edited by a moderator:

clive 82

Arachnoknight
It could be that she is settling in after the re house. She could also be more active because of the higher temperatures now that you have made the room warmer.