Is my T hungry?

Euphoric Arboreal

Arachnopeon
My new sling which I got yesterday was in its hide the whole day,no worries from me I know this is typical behavior for newly housed slings. To my surprise this morning when I got up it was chillin out in the open, I assumed it was only for a bit because it seemed to be drinking water from the substrate. Couple hours later it’s still out in the open but in a different place hanging out, so my question is, is it looking for food & should I feed now or wait another day or 2?

cold blood

Staff member
What species? How big is it?

Post pics of the housing.

Theres no harm in trying to feed though.

DancingHare

Arachnopeon
With my albo sling it's very obvious when it's hungry (spoiler: all the time) because it climbs up to the top of its burrow and pokes out. My other two just aren't as interested most of the time. I feed my chalcodes if he's poking out of his burrow after I open the enclosure. Like cold blood said, there's no harm in trying to feed it, just take it out after a day or so if it hasn't been eaten. My campestratus sling eats because the runners disappear, but I never see it.

cold blood

Staff member
Looks good, based on the species I'd say feed away, it will almost certainly want food.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I would feed them twice a week at that size. If any spiderling was out and about all the time, it would be this species. I got my female around the 2" mark and she has never used her hide even once.

Euphoric Arboreal

Arachnopeon
**UPDATE** Last night when I got home I cut a mealworm in half and dropped it in the enclosure, this morning when I wake up 1 half of the mealworm was gone. Low & behold, “Tiny” was in the hide enjoying breakfast I guess lol. I’m glad to say my sling is doing ok for now, looking forward to that first molt under my care. Everything is going exactly how you guys said it would.!!!

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
In my opinion, Acanthoscurria geniculata is always hungry unless it is in pre molt or post molt. In between, it will just refuse to refuse food. :angelic:

41A6F7CF-FE2D-4D08-B37C-EB6D813AD602.jpeg

jemc

Arachnopeon
I would feed them twice a week at that size. If any spiderling was out and about all the time, it would be this species. I got my female around the 2" mark and she has never used her hide even once.
mine has never used her hide either!